Recommend me a Trap Gun

Mike Hill

Recently I have gotten into shooting Clays,however my Shotgun is only proofed for Lead and I can only use Steel in regional competitions.

So,I am looking for a U/0 with an adjustable comb and have a budget of £2K.

There arn't any places here that stock Trap Guns,so I would be heading over to the UK to find one.I realize that shooting a gun is truely its measure but having some idea of what to look for would be nice.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perazzi MX8 if you can find one in your budget, they are about the best pure trap gun, I assume you mean pure trap such as DT OT UT rather than sporting?

why adjustable comb though?

Your right its just going to shoot at Clays.

Adjustable comb because I "Rifle" the Shotgun when I am shooting and need to break the habit.

I like the look of Brownings.I have a A5 at home.

funny wanting an ajustable comb, unless your meaning a multi-choke,parrazi are excellent guns but ive never seen one that cheap to be honest.

My friend that shoots clays swear by the barrettas range ive shot some and are well balanced and seemed to shoulder well.My advice would be to try as many guns as you can but dont tell the dealer you budget this way you cant get stuffed

The way it shoots is better than the way it looks in my oppinion.When i buy a new rifle the scope is the most expensive part on it not the gun.

funny wanting an ajustable comb, unless your meaning a multi-choke,parrazi are excellent guns but ive never seen one that cheap to be honest.

My friend that shoots clays swear by the barrettas range ive shot some and are well balanced and seemed to shoulder well.My advice would be to try as many guns as you can but dont tell the dealer you budget this way you cant get stuffed

The way it shoots is better than the way it looks in my oppinion.When i buy a new rifle the scope is the most expensive part on it not the gun.

No,its an adjustable Comb I want.

I have tried more than a few,I am used to shooting sporting guns,not that I have done a hell of alot of Trap shooting anyway.I had a fiddle with a gun that a Sports shop lent the Range,after I adjusted the Comb I shot well with it.But it was a poor quality gun as the Stock Cracked and it shot loose quickly.