load handler

logman mick twf

Thanks for the support guys :001_smile:

logman mick twf, as has been said the hi-caps edge latches are ideally where you want the Loadhandler brackets although it's 'get roundable'. The same issue appears with the new isuzu rodeo pickup - the latches there have gone away from the central.

But, to reassure you and to let you see the efficiency of the system, if you order one and it doesn't work for you or you don't like it for any other reason; pack it back up neatly and get it back to us and we'll give you your money back.

Give it a go :thumbup1:

Curtis

It doesn't come any straighter than that :thumbup:

It almost does,but I use one with a loadhandler and its amazing how much those corners hold back.

i've now boarded them out with marine ply so that the sides are flush with the tailgate (trimmed around the wheel arches) and this works much better,still got to throw a few stagglers out,but much less than before.

An added bonus is that this boarding on my tub (off a 130 hicap) brings the volume of the tub down to a cubic metre for a level load,and I've got rake storage etc at the sides.

The Loadhandler mounting brackets are not ideal for the Hicap as they restrict the operation of the tailgate latches if you tighten them up,but left loose they are OKish - will probably mount it permanently when one of them breaks!

Cheers

Steve

have you got some photos of hicap & load handler,please.

Hi Curtis

The load was loose,which didn't help - but you're right,the dragsheet was not central,and its a fair bit thinner than it should be due to fraying off at the edge - probably be after a replacement soon!

Great tool though,if the back is full of chip,logs or even hardcore it shifts it,could do with a bar that props the tailgate open,otherwise it tries to shut up when you start wind the handle.

Cheers

Steve

could do with a bar that props the tailgate open,otherwise it tries to shut up when you start wind the handle.

Pull some material onto the sheet on the open tailgate manually before you start winding; that helps prevent it.

I must be going senile :confused1: for getting your name wrong Steve - It'll get you a decent 'Loadhandler' keyring and a small discount off a new Dragsheet when you need one. Just remind us!

The new LH 2200M ones we've brought in have additional straps that can be fixed from the bottom of the brackets to a tow bar or similar if the tailgate trying to raise is an issue. Did yours have these?

Glad it's working for you though :thumbup:

Curtis

Curtis

Haven't got the straps - sound like a good,simple solution though,sure I'll have something around to make some up.

Nepia

It tends to do this as soon as I open the tailgate with the more optomistic loads!

I'll hoick a bit more out next time,well,until I sort the straps out:)

Cheers

Steve