stihl's online sales policy

littlerob

if you dont like or disagree with stihls policy ,go buy another make of kit & get over it ,or just haggle your dealer ,theres more stihl dealers now than ever before ,thers somthing like 10 ,in a 10mile redius of me ,:001_tongue:

I wouldn't have a problem if they made the parts available in this country, such as the flywheel side seal for the 051 (every other part is available), or the lower AV mount for the 090, silly little things that shouldn't be over-looked when all the other parts are available!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are charities and government agencies a special case?? That's exceptionally weak as an argument if you don't mind me saying, although I agree with the first bit of your post.

Oh, and if you think charities and government agencies actually try to achieve value for money...well! :thumbdown::lol:

have to say that gov agencies and to some extent charities working in the countryside have some of the best kit out. wish i could have half of what they have. if you are buying one saw or 20 saws should still get a good deal.

anoyed me with old company only interested in the big boys with loads of kit the one man printing company not interested. but have 50 one man bands buying gear makes up more than one big company. and more than likely stay loyal if looked after. so selling to big boys is not the b all.

• 2 weeks later...

Info. Whether Stihl sell on line or through a dealer it makes no difference to there margin. I understand the policy is to protect the dealer and customer. Having returned from NZ I know that dealers there sell at retail prices only.

For the comment that the Yanks can buy online,

STIHL Internet Sales Policy

STIHL encourages dealers to include informational materials about STIHL products on their websites.

In accordance with the STIHL no-mail order policy, STIHL does not permit delivery of its products via mail or shipment. Delivery of any STIHL product to a customer must be made in person by a trained dealer employee.

STIHL PowerChord™ sites have STIHL Express, whereby a customer can reserve products for pick up in store. The financial transaction is conducted at the dealership when the products are picked up.

Blame Apple for spelling mistakes :001_smile:

I recently bought a Stihl saw without knowing their online sales policy. This would certainly have influenced my choice of brand be be it for a saw or anything else made by Stilhl. What surprised me even more was that Stihl refused to supply me with a parts list for my saw or a technical manual - which makes ordering parts even more tricky even from a dealer. In the end I found somebody on ebay who sold me a cd with manuals and parts lists for all Stihl chainsaws. It is sad that you have to go to a third party for such basic information.

This was the reply I got from Stihl:

"Thank you for your enquiry, however we are only permitted to provide parts lists/workshop manuals to our Dealer network. Your local STIHL Dealer should be able advise you on which parts you require, the costings and place any orders on your behalf. To find the Dealer nearest to you please refer to our website: STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chain saws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers. Our Dealer Locator tool can be found under “Dealer Search” in the top right hand corner of our homepage and will provide you with the contact details for a number of Dealerships"

• 2 months later...

It's just oil... !!

What's going on with this policy now?.... been trying to order Stihl two stroke engine oil online and some shops have a restriction in place whilst others don't.

I eventually ordered some through the bay, but it's also available on amazon (albeit at a higher price).