Job opportunity in NZ

Taupotreeman

Firstly, I hope it's Ok to post this thread here.

Secondly, and to the point, Taupo Distrcit Council is looking to employee an arborist (or tree surgeon depending on your stance) to work as my 2 IC and to also become the team leader in my place when I'm too old and knackered to climb. The postion is long term and should be advertised next week on Buy online and sell with NZ's #1 auction & classifieds site | Trade Me

Any one interested should keep an eye on the trademe site or PM me for more details.

Probably not enough for you bro. I'm not actually sure what the pay is but reckon they're thinking around $20 per hour. Personally I don't think we'll get much interest at that rate but if we don't we just re advertize.

haha,

The council here pay less than that for qualified climbers..

Sweet, you forgot that Turangi translates to "Jewel of the central north island".

If you like the outdoors, its a mecca. Mountains, great fishing, mountain biking, hunting, skiing, tramping, etc etc.

And if you like pretty girls, you can always move.:001_tt2:

Are you based in turangi as well?

Now now timber :biggrin:

Council has plenty to offer. We cover Taupo, Turangi, Mangakino, we have that nice sparkly new bandit that pees all over your vermeer Adam :001_tt2: and we have the lake and hot pools. Plus, with a bit of luck, the new man/woman should get some nice new spanky gear.

In all honesty though it's a primo position. A chance for someone, if they want, to actually be in charge of themselves to some degree as the idea is that they basically run the crew in my absence, help with the training and help plan and carry out the work. This is the first crew to be set up by TDC having contracted out all work previously. The work involved will be everything from fine pruning to crane work and utility work so an opportunity to broaden your skill base. On the job training can be provided to some degree but we're looking for someone preferably with the skills. Hopefully they can teach me a few new tricks too.

And if anyone needs anymore encouraging; timbermcpherson pretty much hit the nail on the head, although Taupo does have an influx of tourist totty for both male an female, unlike Turangi.

Edited by Taupotreeman
blind git me can't spell properly

Now now timber :biggrin:

Council has plenty to offer. We cover Taupo, Turangi, Mangakino, we have that nice sparkly new bandit that pees all over your vermeer Adam :001_tt2: and we have the lake and hot pools. Plus, with a bit of luck, the new man/woman should get some nice new spanky gear.

In all honesty though it's a primo position. A chance for someone, if they want, to actually be in charge of themselves to some degree as the idea is that they basically run the crew in my absence, help with the training and help plan and carry out the work. This is the first crew to be set up by TDC having contracted out all work previously. The work involved will be everything from fine pruning to crane work and utility work so an opportunity to broaden your skill base. On the job training can be provided to some degree but we're looking for someone preferably with the skills. Hopefully they can teach me a few new tricks too.

And if anyone needs anymore encouraging; timbermcpherson pretty much hit the nail on the head, although Taupo does have an influx of tourist totty for both male an female, unlike Turangi.

Club habitat was good hunting grounds, especially if a big green bus full of foreign food was in.

There used to be a woman who was a regular at the pub who had TURANGI tatooed on both forearms. pin and ink styles. And only one arm was spelled right.

This would be an awesome job. If I was more mobile, I would go for it. Rents or buying in the area is pretty light, your on the doorstop of SO many great places and stuff to do, you just have to find time to explore. You could easily keep your freezer full of meat for free hunting locally for pigs and deer, you could live in the "town" or find a farm cottage not far away.

Things you will need. Mountain bike, whitewater kayak, Dirt bike, 30-30 for pigs, 22-250 or 223 for dear, skis, snowboard, mountaineering gear, waterskis, wakeboard, fishing gear, 4wd, rockclimbing gear, hiking gear, a GSXR1000 and maybe a camera.

I hope you find a good candidate.

Club habitat was good hunting grounds, especially if a big green bus full of foreign food was in.

There used to be a woman who was a regular at the pub who had TURANGI tatooed on both forearms. pin and ink styles. And only one arm was spelled right.

This would be an awesome job. If I was more mobile, I would go for it. Rents or buying in the area is pretty light, your on the doorstop of SO many great places and stuff to do, you just have to find time to explore. You could easily keep your freezer full of meat for free hunting locally for pigs and deer, you could live in the "town" or find a farm cottage not far away.

Things you will need. Mountain bike, whitewater kayak, Dirt bike, 30-30 for pigs, 22-250 or 223 for dear, skis, snowboard, mountaineering gear, waterskis, wakeboard, fishing gear, 4wd, rockclimbing gear, hiking gear, a GSXR1000 and maybe a camera.

I hope you find a good candidate.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: