Daughter's Birthday!

PeteB

Ha! Ha!

This reminds me of the scene in the film This Is England.

When the lad goes to the shoe shop and wants a pair of Docs but the his mom and the sales assistant try and convince him to have a naff pair of boots instead

- "These are from London"

The kid was having none of it.Class!

My boots of choice were cherry monkey boots with yellow laces(ages 9):001_cool:

I went into the shop and spoke to the very attractive young lady behing the counter, "Have you any 8 hole, shiny pink Docs please?" "Yes" she replied "Are they for you?"

"I used to wear red ones some 30 years ago as a skin head" I replied, "but these are for my daughter" and I started to blush!:blushing:

Docs.jpg.396f70ce3d5fd360882e21bc9517f762.jpg

Sorry Pete, this may smart a little... I only just found this thread.:blushing:

I wear DM boots. They are my only shoes (I have wellies as well) and serve for weddings and shopping trips, quoting and partying alike.

The secret is where to buy them!:biggrin:

There's a place in Northamptonshire called Wollaston, it's where the DM headquarters are. In that same village, 100 yards or so from the DM building there is a shop, called "the Doc ShopDr. Martens Airwair- Shoes, Boots and Sandals -Wollaston Doc Shop". It's run and owned by DM and it's where they sell their end of season returns, trial runs, old stock etc.

Now here's the nice bit... They're really cheap!

Men's boots are £25, regardless of size colour or style.

Men's shoes £20 and sandals £15 I think.

Women's are similar prices but I think they go up to £30 for high-calf boots.

They used to do kid's shoes as well but have stopped making them two years ago, my twin daughters used to do proper stomping in their shiny pink/silver bovver boots when they were 2!

They don't do stock, what's on display is all they have, and they don't do the interweb either. They do do cards, but will only sell limited numbers, ie no traders.

What I normally do is try and get my wife to go and get me two pairs, a 10 and an 11 as I seem to live in between those, I keep whichever ones fit best and flog the other pair on the bay, if they make £50 (and I've sold some for £67 before) you've got a free pair of boots!:thumbup:

P.s.yours look really nice as well Pete, next to her pink ones!:001_tt2:

I drive past the DM factory on the way to Santa Pod, if I had my act together and was over that way then I would have called in (several times even) to try and get the "right" ones, but heyho, tis done now!

I drive past the DM factory on the way to Santa Pod, if I had my act together and was over that way then I would have called in (several times even) to try and get the "right" ones, but heyho, tis done now!

It's not actually the factory, all their shoes are made in far-away-istan.

Just after (if heading towards SP) there's a little street on the right, this is the high street, they're about 100 yards in and on the right.:thumbup1:

I used to live in Odell great wood wich borders on Santa Pod. Not nearly as hairy as it used to be like up there, there was a time when no police would ever venture up the lane,:sneaky2: no matter how many of them. Still a bit of a "free state" but quite civilised now.