tax...exspenses..how far can you push it!

Czlowiek Drzewo

Clothes ar enot striclty covered unless you get them empbroidered with you logo. But push it as far as you like.

Its best to buy clothing from places that you might buy "genuine" work stuff from. i.e. an invoice from Next is not going to work but jeans shirts etc from your local agri supply will go through a lot easier.

I buy no end of stuff from, cotswold outdoor and claim as much as possible..

Clothes ar enot striclty covered unless you get them empbroidered with you logo. But push it as far as you like.

Its best to buy clothing from places that you might buy "genuine" work stuff from. i.e. an invoice from Next is not going to work but jeans shirts etc from your local agri supply will go through a lot easier.

I buy no end of stuff from, cotswold outdoor and claim as much as possible..

i do buy my work t-shirts etc rom primark. I also want to claim books , mobile phone bill , internet and phone bill, anything that remotely has anything to do with my work.

you think i can claim a trip to Barbados studying trees? :001_smile:

Realistically you cannot claim all your phoen bill or mobile bill. A percentage of each maybe.

I claim 100% of mobile and zero of home phone which I never use.

It like your fuel. If its in a car then you can only claim a percentage. If its in a van/truck and you don't own a car then you can still only claim a percentage unless you prove you never use it to go to the shops etc.

I calim 1005 of my truck fuel/expenses and 80% of the car as I use it everyday for work and someone else drives the truck.

If I go away for weekends in the car I fill up with cash so it looks liek I never go anyhwere. Therefore I can claim 80% works use.

I've been investigated, its not nice but I got away lightly. NOw I know what I can and can't get away with.

luckily for myself my girlfriend is studying to be an Acountant.

You can claim 100 mobile phone bill. if you got it for a business contract.

also home phone and internet can be claimed for.

Dam..you can claim around £2 a day for lunch. ..around £10 a week..which is £40month = £480 a year estimate.

it all adds up..keep all your receipts.

Talking to the accountant the other day about a guy that even claims for his chinese etc.

Was informed that a lot of people think they can claim for anything but there job is to reject (wrong word)some of the stuff that is iffy that people present.

Most times you will never know that it has happened unless you ask.If he doesn't do that he and you will have problems with the taxmanl.