Land Rover Td5 chip

corylus

I had a tune it box fitted to my 130. Td5, I took it off and sold it, utter waste of money! It makes the injectors rattle and I found out that a lot of the plug and play type mods burn out the air mass meter, I have mine left as standard and tow well over what it should with no probs. If u want more power get a tdv6 conversion!

HI hodge i had a remap off j fearn it had more power then my disco 3 hse the remap we had but j fearn at that time was the best at remap my mate has a plug and play on a vw t5 it was no good but it remap it very good you need to go with someone good who does the job all the best jon :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for all the replies.

Went for a DYNACHIP. £250 for a new chip (£225 for a remap, mine was an early TD5 which cant be re-progged).

The 40hp extra it gives makes a massive difference to the driveability, it weighs in at 3+ tonnes with 2 blokes, saws, pack-up, flasks etc etc. Feels much more like my 110 HiCap Tdi.

Very happy AND he comes to you!

A mate had his 90 done same time. He chucked me the keys later and I had a spin. Nearly S**t myself. Just not right that a Landy can go THAT fast.

I have a 130 Td5 crew cab with 170000 miles on it. Engine is quiet, starts instantly (even @ -14 c) but (as I understand) lacks torque like all Td5's. (I wanted a 300 like my 110 hi-cap but couldnt find one:crying:) My mechanic says the engine is fine (so does his laptop!).

As its a W reg it cant be re-programmed so any ideas for an aftermarket chip/ecu that will make it a bit more torquey?

Ta

HI corylus yes mate i had a 90 td5 on a y reg that one you can not re program but i take it to j fern in matlock and he put in a new program and re mapped to 195 hp and 310 lbs tq:thumbup1: but i had a new large intercooler the 90 was very good for towing when chip j fern is the best at chipping land rover all the best jon :thumbup:

This is not helping me resist getting my tweaked, a friend is getting a stage to remap and intercooler upgrade from irb developments. will have to see what his is like and then will swiftly part cash lol

HI ben yes mate the td5 needs remap to get them going:thumbup1: or get a 200/300tdi:thumbup: there far better then a td5 all the best jon :thumbup:

Why are 200/300 tdi better than td5 Jon mate? I love my td5.

HI hodge sorry mate what i mine is the td5 is very good if remap but standard td5 our td5 cut out when on hills with trailer on :lol: a good 200/300tdi is far better then a standard td5 the best chap on td5 is jeremy fern our td5 had a large intercooler and 190hp 310 lb/ft tq it pulled very good better then a disco 3 all the best jon :thumbup:

Have to agree that a 300 Tdi wins hands down for me over TD5. Its just I couldnt find a suitable 130 Tdi at the time. The 300 is cruder no doubt, but pulls like a train and it dont have a brain. What more could a simple creature of the hills want?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 200 and TD5 and driven a 300 for a while. I prefer the TD5 although the 200 was the most reliable.

Be aware that both my 200 and TD5 required replacement fuel injectors at 180,000 miles. Might be worth thinking about finding a set for your TD5 from a write off etc,( new ones are 250/300 each.) and having them fitted at the same time as the remap.

Be aware though that this remap may well invalidate your insurance unless you make your insurer aware of it.

A