False Anchor / Re-direct friction management.

ben-jammin

What is wrong with a second rope, less gear intensive, and can be used on smaller trees, therefore more useful. :thumbup:

KIS (keep it simple)

Agreed......:thumbup:

I'm a big fan of 2 climbing lines and also a big fan of redirects used in either in conjunction with the V-rig/M-method and also double pulleys, what ever you choose to use make sure your comfortable using it, stay safe and K,I,S.

Adam

i use 2 HC's, maybe a little more mucking about hailing up the tail end and tieing anouther vt, but its easier to retrive, if its not so big a redirect needed or i know im going back then the old sling and krab, flipthe tail end back through to pull myself back like an advatage system

Nice idea with the friction cord Dave, bit like a mini homemade cambium saver. How's Kernow life?

Hello ben , Kernow life is good , we are currently on a decent job taking out a row of leggy pines , hows your new job going ?

as for the friction cord it works a treat and you can choker it off by wrapping it round the branch like you would wrap a prussik , if you make it a decent size loop you will be able to use it in most situations . i will try and take some pics tomorrow

I think remember you telling me about that one when we had the hoist out over that conservatory? Glad you've got something meaty to get into.

New job going very well thanks, got my first big take down out of the way earlier this week which was great and spiked and dismantled a dead chestnut today which was interesting!! Plenty of work lined up too which is good news :)

Pics would be good but I think I know what configurations you mean, what length do you go for?

I think remember you telling me about that one when we had the hoist out over that conservatory? Glad you've got something meaty to get into.

New job going very well thanks, got my first big take down out of the way earlier this week which was great and spiked and dismantled a dead chestnut today which was interesting!! Plenty of work lined up too which is good news :)

Pics would be good but I think I know what configurations you mean, what length do you go for?

i tend to use various lengths but normally about a meter from one fisherman to the other , i will get some pics tomorrow . Glad to hear your new job is going well :thumbup: