Course requirements

Guss109

Need a bit of help guys have got my cs30/31 in a weeks time but have only been sent a letter with location ect. Would any one have a list of gear you have to take with you for the practical side? As hopefully I've got every thing but would be nice to know in case I've to order any thing.

Cheers guys

When you say you've got your 30/31 in a weeks time, what do you mean?

Is it the training course or just the assessment?

If its the training, your providers should be able to advise you of any requirements. Similarly, if its the assessment, the training providers will be able to tell you what is required.....

I would advise that you go onto the NPTC website and download the assessment schedules so you can get your head round what they are looking for from you.

All the best!

Requirements for Ground Units Chainsaw

Equipment:

• Chainsaw with 15inch bar preferred, 16inch acceptable (insurance

requirement, above this length is not acceptable),

• Fuel & oil in approved container(s),

• Filing kit, for sharpening,

• Saw tool kit,

• Saw operator’s handbook.

PPE:

• Hard hat assembly – with ear defenders, mesh visor (or safety glasses

conforming to EN166),

• Chainsaw gloves,

• Chainsaw trousers,

• Chainsaw boots,

• Personal first aid kit/ large wound dressing.

Note: All equipment and PPE to conform to relevant CE approvals and in a serviceable condition.

Cheers guys. I had a look on the nptc site earlier as I had most things apart from a felling lever and a bar vice oh and a whistle. They all got a mention so it was a trip to huntly for me to pick the last few bits up. If I've forgot any thing il just have to look even dafter than normal and hope I can borrow them. It all seems a bit disorganised as all I have received is a letter telling me were the first day is with a start time so I will just have to wait and see what happens

See you in aberdeenshire, wheres your course at?

Could go totally overboard like i did and pack in car a spare saw, spare chain for 2nd saw, extra combi can of fuel/oil, spark plug and start cord for 2nd saw plus files etc

guarenteed if you take it then you wont need it but sure as a cats a hairy beast if you dont you will need it

Cheers guys. I had a look on the nptc site earlier as I had most things apart from a felling lever and a bar vice oh and a whistle. They all got a mention so it was a trip to huntly for me to pick the last few bits up. If I've forgot any thing il just have to look even dafter than normal and hope I can borrow them. It all seems a bit disorganised as all I have received is a letter telling me were the first day is with a start time so I will just have to wait and see what happens

Your lucky you got a letter all I got was a phone call.

You will find when you have completed the course that yes you learned some bits and pieces, but all in all for what it costs it is a complete rip off and just another box ticking exercise, IMO of course but a sure others will agree.