New chipper which one

VEG

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

loads of work on, seems to be going well at the moment hope you are keeping busy too. Not tried either of the chippers only one we have used is the one fitted to andrews tractor that was awesome lol. Thats why I posted here to get the views of people who have actually used them rather than the sales person telling you what/which you need lol. (sometimes the one they make the most money off)

Edited by VEG

I think the demo with the bandit could be flawed by operator error, he may not have set the feed speed at it's optimum for the materiel being chipped

Sent from my iPhone cos it was

No seriously, fast or slow she wouldnt go. Its not a patch on the bigger machines. Luckily we have been using chippers long enough to know about setting them up to different material.

Get it on demo and see what you think, i compared like for like side by side. Vermeer 1 Bandit 0

Not good then, I just had a sudden thought that that operator they sent with it may have not been fully versed. Did you check the blades on the bandit were very sharp Theo us, that is one thing with bandits that blades have to be Razor sharp even slightly dulled affects their performance drastically

Sent from my iPhone cos it was

I have a Greenmech which I had from new, it's about 5 years old now and looks it!

The back up I get from Greenmech and the local dealership is very expensive, my stress control failed, the dealers put it down to the circuit board in the control panel, about as much electronics as you would find in an average pocket calculator, I would guess, and probably costs pennies to produce, well, Greenmech want £700 for it!!

Likewise for the lens covers on the light bar, over thirty quid each, I just bought a trailer bar from a caravan shop for about a tenner and changed the lights completely, their lenses are a fiver each. Don't know what timber wolf are like, I have just borrowed a mates 190, and it walks all over my machine, so I am currently looking for a TW.

Check the price of chipper blades against Greenmech discs, I make the discs last for months, and can have them sharpened at Saturn Knives in Sheffield, for about a fiver each, Saturn make the discs too, cheaper than Greenmech.