ordering a rigkit - please take a look

Dr.Green

time to move on from the oldrope/steel crabs and natural crotch method :)

im ordering up a small rig kit , budget around £500 - i do average domestic trees , not your massive big scale stuff so dropping large pieces is not an issue.

heres a list of the major stuff i was into , if anybody can see any flaws please point them out i would be very gratefull

lowering device - read a few reviews and looking good

Tree Runner P500

lowering block , not sure if to go up a size

ISC Small Pulley 16mm

Yale Split Tail 16mm x 4m

50m or 60m of this rope

Yale Polydyne - 14mm

will also be treating myself to a load of new steel crabs,slings and a small rigging plate :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After using the tree runner for a few months now it is a great piece of kit.........BUT and thats a very big but......1 its only £100 or more less than the stein rc3001 bollard and with that having 2 swl 500-3000kg were as the tree runner you can not cut the bollard into the tree on big take downs so your still limited to what you can throw at it....HA theres the other (throw at it and i mean literately) lowered a piece the other day and the groundy let it run and it just clipped one of the direct bars on the drum and bent it......the piece at a guess was about 75kg and only slowly hit it so for robust NOT GOOD......After watching some of the stuff Reg Coates has dropped or clipped on the Rc range (3001,3002) then i know what will be next in my rigging kit.......

Hope this Helps You....

Adam

ok then , i could push my cash more and go for the rc3001 ,thou then il have to rethink ropes and pulley maybe or just stick with same idea and upgrade later when i do larger stuff ?????? - want to make it a very usable piece of kit for all types of jobs

any advice is always great recieved

i was i tad worried about the 500 getting damaged with being lower end kit but im not dropping big bits , well , not yet , so maybe if im spending cash i should just get a good kit outright and add to it then

its just an idea:

why not make up an order book for the tree runner, if we get 50 buyers on here - could we lower the price?

its just what the internet was for, power in numbers:thumbup:

if i got a larger device instead then in the future this would be a good idea maybe so as not to cart larger heavy kit around for a small tree job - be like turning up at an eco convention with a hummer

Just because you have the rc 3001 does not mean you have to push it to the max and lower big bits all the time, the bit i lowered was not big by all means, and was very controlled but it just took that little knock and .......beep beep beep.....so all i'm saying is its worth investing that little bit more so you do not need to worry about what i have done.

great advice here , thanks guys -

looks like a rc3001 or treerunner . . more towards tree runner as its not an every day tool im going to use, then maybe in time il get a rc - like most say , a job will pay for it so it pays for itself.

14mm rope, 16mm pulley and 19mm dead eye sling (thanks for pointing out the miss matched items :)