big ash with heavy lean towards wires

dadio

Interesting job and work Dadio :thumbup1:

General question, how many guys and what kit do you take to a standard size tree like that?

Steve, i think using our tracked chipper to pull trees (serious trees and abuse amitidly) contributed to stretching and splitting the tracks on one link per track, resuting in new tracks . . .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equipment includes:

2007 brush bandit 1590 chipper with winch

1989 INternational dump truck w/ 14' forrestry body

2004 Dodge 2500 pick up with cummins diesel towing a

2006 18' trailer with

2006 ASV Rc-50 skid steer with turf tracks

2000 F-250 heavy duty pick up w/ 7.3 diesel towing

2006 rayco 90 stump grinder

1997 GMC 7500 w/ altec LR IV 55' aerial lift

2006 International 33,000 GVW w/ altec LRV60-E70, 75' aerial lift

2004 Rayco super 50 stump grinder

Also have 4 other trucks that are dedicated to plowing snow, and a couple old beaters I need to upgrade

on this job we we only used the dodge p/u with skid steer and the dump truck and chipper

Edited by dadio

The only negative I could comment on is not closing the road. And TBH IMO its a very big negative.

We all take risks but if that went wrong it wasnt a new wall or conservatory, someone who was just on the way to work would have been well dead!

I did shut down traffic a few times when I was bombing bits from the tree.. Figured it was less than 2% chance of a limb taking a funny tumble and bouncing into the street.. BUT closing the street was easy, so why take a chance.. On the fall, I was 100%, not one chance in 1,000 for that tree to go the wrong way IMO.

And thank you for the many postitve posts and especially the support in questioning those that seem to have problem with me... Though obviously I have thick skin, (if not a will for punishment), there are many shy people that watch these threads and get scared when they see that type of nastiness, and so they never post.. It is very exclusionary and tends to keep these boards dominated by very small cliques, when the thoughts of many more could make them so much better.

I did shut down traffic a few times when I was bombing bits from the tree.. Figured it was less than 2% chance of a limb taking a funny tumble and bouncing into the street.. BUT closing the street was easy, so why take a chance.. On the fall, I was 100%, not one chance in 1,000 for that tree to go the wrong way IMO.

And thank you for the many postitve posts and especially the support in questioning those that seem to have problem with me... Though obviously I have thick skin, (if not a will for punishment), there are many shy people that watch these threads and get scared when they see that type of nastiness, and so they never post.. It is very exclusionary and tends to keep these boards dominated by very small cliques, when the thoughts of many more could make them so much better.

I understand that your sure it was a straight fell but you say you were stopping the traffic earlier so why not stop it at the fell?

Some risks just arent worth taking and it wasnt 100% your way.

TBH if I saw someone doing that I would jump in and stop the traffic.

I think it was a good enough job secondly if I could get anyway with not wearing certain PPE I would not wear it, and I know plenty of other that think the same.

And as for the super safety conscious attitude, that's why there is so many crazy unnecessary law rules and regulations regarding any type of manual work in the UK.

Even our prime minister admitted it at his conference this week.

And I quote "Britannia never ruled the waves with it's armband on"

He was referring to health and safety and red tape in passing new laws in parliament.