worktober again!

THE88MAN

october's been my busiest month of the year for probably the last ten years.i'm generally booked up around 10-14 days in advance give or take an odd day left out on purpose for rain,breakdowns etc but when i hit the last week in september the work floods in for october.this can't be a coincidence every year,anyone find the same? is it people rushing to get things done before the clocks change? search me

I wish my phone would ring been a cr*p year all round for me.

2 deaths in family and wife bogging off and no work coming in.

If i threw my climbing rope over a branch to hang myself it would probably snap and give me a headache for a week lol.

At least ive got some subbying work in that helps but its not as satisfying as been out there with your own team.

If i threw my climbing rope over a branch to hang myself it would probably snap and give me a headache for a week lol.

At least ive got some subbying work in that helps but its not as satisfying as been out there with your own team.

sorry to hear that mate,been there myself.probably only that busy myself because i stoop down to doing little old ladies hedges and a bit of landscaping etc,i know alot of you boys wont but needs must sometimes with me and it gives my back a respite,hope life picks up for ya soon bud,steve

Chin up mate, things will improve. I know how you feel. :001_cool:

October has always been my busiest month and this year is looking like no exception. Second busiest is always february??

I agree that the public think its best for the trees at this time of year but there is more to it than that IMO.

Firstly, kids are back to school and the barbeque is put away for another year (if it ever came out) The garden is being put to bed and so its time to think about getting some treee work done. All those things that you noticed during the summer can now be done without smelly tree surgoens messing up your summer activities!

There may be some spare cash available to get jobs done but people always want it done before chrstmas because they know they will be skint again.

I offer a delayed payment scheme. Anbody who will wait and have the job done in January can pay me end of feb if necessary. I only offer this if they say money in january is a problem. That can help fill up january and then by feb its usually site clearance time and the best money to be had all year!