201t revving but chain not wanting to move?

samthescam

Not even I would dare do that, although I have been known to start up the 076 at around midnight - the neighbours don't care but the wrens which nest in my shed do.

Alec

Bet the neighbours were relieved when they saw your rmisses the next morning though:lol:

I was politely asked once to stop running the 298XP as the baby was sleeping next door - man that is a loud saw - probably on par with the 076:thumbup:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, the trusty 200 is more repairs than original and is well overdue retirement... I was looking forwards to the 201 but the reports haven't been very positive to say the least!

Has anyone got anything good to say about this saw?

Apart from the slight delay it feels good and I would say it uses less fuel. I like the switch it doesn't catch as much as the 200. Nice saw.

Thanks deer man, that's more like it!

I don't need too much convincing to buy a shiny nice saw but I have been struggling to part with almost £500 on a saw that people keep complaining about so it's good to hear something positive.

The other option is to spend almost as much on the old model but that just feels like the wrong thing to do.

Oh decisions, decisions...

im sure our issues are just tuning problems......to be expected from any new saw

Took the saw into local dealer today, they reckon it is just a tuning issue and it seems pretty common. F r jones are having a courier picking it up tomorrow to sort it as local said it wasnt a warranty issue. Slightly annoying, but can't fault the service.

To anyone considering it, I did have the chance to use a fully tuned one today, and it's a cracking saw. Really well balanced and seems lighter than the 200t, just make sure it's running well when you pick it up and I dont think you will be disappointed.