346 leakin chain oil?

carlos

my new saw is leaking chain oil when sat not in use??

havent cleaned it or had a close look yet just wondered if there was a seal or a typical thing that caused this??

annoying as vertually new.

cheers carl

Give it back to your dealer - other than that, it is probably the seal between the rubber pickup pipe or outlet pipe and the oil pump - clutch will need to be removed to get to it.

Give it back to your dealer - other than that, it is probably the seal between the rubber pickup pipe or outlet pipe and the oil pump - clutch will need to be removed to get to it.

couldn't have put it any better!!!:thumbup: its what u pay dealers for in the new price!!!:biggrin:

Most saws will seep a bit after use - have you tried cleaning off the excess oil and chips after a days use and then put it on a clean piece of paper to see if it still is leaking!

It could be the breather is a bit glooped up and causes a vacuum when using and then pulls the oil up a bit after use....not sure what else it could be without inspection.

sorry to butt in spudulike where is the best place to source a new head/piston for a 346 your knowledge is required please

I guess the £250 OEM Mahle kit is out of the question, personally I would go to ArbIreland on Ebay, they do the only closed port cylinder that I know of in the UK.

The original cylinder is closed port and has two transfer ports in either side of the cylinder rather than the cheaper open port channels as found on most lower cost saws (I know the MS200T and other decent saws also have open ports:001_rolleyes:)

Chris Shepherd has used one on his 357 - I havent used one but that is the one I would fit - £10 more expensive but probably worth it IMO.