What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The time has come when the workshop needed a good clean out and seeing as I will be going full time in the New Year, thought I had better get the tools sorted and in order. The compressor is now on the floor next to a big plastic container which will contain all the crap that used to be blasted all over the place.

Got an industrial extractor now - 700 cubic metre per hour which helps clearing the smoke:001_rolleyes::lol:

A new big rubber mat is on order to keep the dirt off the shoes and all the tools are a bit more accesible - looking good IMO......not up to GardenKits gay workshop (he isn't of course) but getting there!

You need more tools Steve 😐 All this is for sale image.jpg.0424518cedf66b284f72940268bf89b3.jpg thought it would be a good idea my buy a work mates tools of him as he was leaving :laugh1: took a few things for myself

I need a tool wall, I've only got a 9x8 pent style shed and I kept my old top tool chest and it takes up to much room:thumbdown:

Looks good 👍 I clear mine out all the time but still ends up a riot

Know the feeling, the wife keeps me in check, had to shift the beer to let her get to the freezer!

Serious stuff:001_rolleyes::lol:

You need more tools Steve 😐 All this is for sale [ATTACH]192892[/ATTACH] thought it would be a good idea my buy a work mates tools of him as he was leaving :laugh1: took a few things for myself

Believe me, I have more tools but the ones on the board are the usual suspects, the tap and die set, drills, carbide burrs, pullers, long handle pliers, files etc etc are elsewhere!

Hyway is considered quite posh these days I think! Also, made in Taiwan rather than China IIRC.

I was thinking that but this guy Steve/spud who ever he is (think he's made up )had meteor drummed into my head but I thought I would give hyway a bash was only 65 quid and meteor one I was watching on eBay jumped up to 386 bucks, think the seller was away or low stock!! So I ordered they hyway then next day the meteor kit was back down to 86 😂🙈

Just my luck, so it's here now and getting put back together when the other bits land for it :thumbup1:

I was thinking that but this guy Steve/spud who ever he is (think he's made up )had meteor drummed into my head but I thought I would give hyway a bash was only 65 quid and meteor one I was watching on eBay jumped up to 386 bucks, think the seller was away or low stock!! So I ordered they hyway then next day the meteor kit was back down to 86 😂🙈

Just my luck, so it's here now and getting put back together when the other bits land for it :thumbup1:

"Made Up", I have you know that people have rocked up and actually met me:001_rolleyes:

Meteor are my favoured aftermarket manufacture simply because they use Caber rings, decent circlips and have never needed any easing, de-flashing or any sort of work to get them to work. I have used them in many machines and never had any issues with them at all, even after years of service.

I have tried Hyway parts and they are good but the piston to cylinder clearence always seems a little bit more then I would consider top quality but time is the biggest test, It will probably be fine and Hyway would be my second choice.

"Made Up", I have you know that people have rocked up and actually met me:001_rolleyes:

Meteor are my favoured aftermarket manufacture simply because they use Caber rings, decent circlips and have never needed any easing, de-flashing or any sort of work to get them to work. I have used them in many machines and never had any issues with them at all, even after years of service.

I have tried Hyway parts and they are good but the piston to cylinder clearence always seems a little bit more then I would consider top quality but time is the biggest test, It will probably be fine and Hyway would be my second choice.

The kit does look good to be fair:thumbup1: and it came with 2 sets of circlips-2 different styles......will how it goes together 👍

Try the 357/359 big bore kit! Tight tolerance in that! Had to lathe the piston to get it to fit without a gasket!