What's on your bench today?

spudulike

running a treat - just on the margins of too much vacuum created I'd say - I found the vent - through a screw holding the AV mount in. If i cut a slit up one side of the screw do you think it would still hold? cheers

ALSO - way too much oil seems to be running straight down the bar to the base of the saw - haven't adjusted the pump yet - apparently its a screw to open or shut - any fix / solution / tip appreciated.

cheers spud and folks

Yup, that's the tank vent - one coarse screw - I ground one side off mine and bingo:thumbup: it actually vented correctly.

I can't remember the oiler - must have worked OK on the one I had!

Ok. So been given a ride on mower, its a concord with b and s engine. It's in very good nick. Need some attention.

Going to give it a full service. Will get a pic up tomoz. Does anyone know roughly what they are worth?

Woundering if its worth selling or stripping down to make a racing mower.

Ok. So been given a ride on mower, its a concord with b and s engine. It's in very good nick. Need some attention.

Going to give it a full service. Will get a pic up tomoz. Does anyone know roughly what they are worth?

Didn't know you were in to lawnmower racing Rich, seen it a few times and it looks a right crack:thumbup:

A busy evening, a local guy dropped off an HS81 and MS200 - the trimmer not running after he had the carb apart and the MS200 with running issues.

The trimmers carb had a stuck metering arm and the gauze filter missing - gave it a clean up, freed the metering arm, new gauze fitted and then tached it - all good.

The MS200T sounded really bad on the top end - very rich. The reason was the choke was sticking on a bit due to the choke linkage pivots being rusty. Cleaned and lubed. Cleaned the carb, and reset it, cleaned and sorted the recoil, fitted a new chain catcher and clutch springs and all is well:thumbup:

I had a fiddle with a strimmer I have had in the garage for a couple of years, I always thought the coil was bad but fitted a new plug and bingo - I had a spark and after fitting a new fuel return pipe and new priming bulb, it starts and runs well.

It is an old Komatsu Zenoah Allen 22 - circa 23 years old and I love these old Japanese straight pole strimmers, light and made to last - think I may well keep this as I regretted selling a couple I had a few years back:thumbup:

You vs gardenkit, rich? At spuds next day out?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well it sort of landed on me. The owner has got given a very nice mower. With a brush, snow plough and roller.

So his old one is coming to me. Just looking into if its worth it or not. Seen one on the bay and its on bid, ends tomoz and is only on 100 quid.

So for 100 quid is it worth selling on or strip it and see what I can do to make a racer or just keep it as is...

Here is the mower.

Works fine always starts. Good mower.

The hedgecutter for gardenkits sake is a stiga sh65,

Done a 200t clutch spring. Does anyone else worry when they can't find the rest of the broken spring. :lol:

image.jpg.2fca9991ed179a86a2107e0184c16e78.jpg

Tached the MS200T - perfect, ran up the 371XP that is my own and for sale and pretty much there - cleaned and checked over the long reach Echo hedge trimmer I have just purchased - all seems good, helicoiled one thread, rest seems OK and need a new grease nipple.

In and out of setting up the Allen Strimmer, cleaning up my newly aquired hedhe trimmers, I have a 390XP in for a porting job, It already has th ehigh rise filter and a real bad boy twin port muffler on it.

The noce thing about this saw is it's design is like a big 346XP, the inlet and exhaust port can be opened up to near maximum due to the fact the piston has closed sides so the skirts are massive giving lots of potential.

The exhaust was widened lots, the upper transfers were re-modeled and the inlet opened up, there wasn't much left on the table as far as the squish goes but have put in a custom 0.2mm gasket and it is spot on minumum now that should protect against detonation.

The port edges were carefully beveled just down to the fact that they are large and we don't want a snagged ring.

The piston has twin rings and there ends are surprisingly only slightly offset so do not hinder modifications unlike on many Stihl machines:thumbup:

Carb needs cleaning and will then set the machine up.

597665512474b_Port3.jpg.7275b2b7307085c0c1ac62346be79d20.jpg

5976655122d90_Port2.jpg.b522f47f40dbdd94f50880728eb34c9a.jpg

5976655121102_Port1.jpg.3e4c14728dd71ce33984526f0a969b59.jpg

Looking good Steve . You are the master !

I hope so:blushing: am hopinng Matty F is going to dig out a large lump of timber to try it out on - almost got in to trouble last time I fired up one of your saws - a tad loud!:lol:

Got his saw in again for a little tweaking and reckon we need to shake the bowels of hell once they are both done.:thumbup: