What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Update on the old MTD ride on that would not turn over.

Well, I took the heads of and cleaned off the carbon. A slight improvement but still no go.

On removing the starter motor it was clear this was the problem. The bottom bush was gone and on taking it to bits it has 2 pairs of brushes all fairly worn but one with no wire attached.

A new motor via eBay came the next day for £66. It then spun freely and soon started but a leak in the fuel pipe to the carb was evident. I replaced this with a bit of plastic pipe and cut a bit of grass. I have now ordered a piece of heat resistant pipe to replace the plastic.

Thanks for your help.

John

Been belting out the MS200Ts this weekend, had one in that was in good clean condition, not revving out but the idle was good, found the problem, split carb boot - not a common fault but comes up now and then. Good thing it was caught quickly, it avoided it seizing.

The saw was fully refurbed, decoked the cylinder - exhaust port needed a good clean up - carb cleaned and all running well now.

DSCF0850.jpg.9fcc60364f0da5c6293f59a70c7b7baa.jpg

Been working on a Jonsered 2171 that I picked up for cleaning and resale - coming along well and the piston is in very good condition with the original machining marks still clearly visible through the exhaust port.

This is the same saw as the Husqvarna 372 using the same crankcases and pretty much the same cylinder bar the inlet manifold. Should be a good saw once done.

Shouldn't be long before it is ready to sell.

DSCF0854.jpg.fd267d4a1f88c72ec22443821d85c4d2.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg.05d5740b240e5e7d9cdaf5403d374988.jpg

DSCF0852.jpg.fede3f78304a5340244a829361a7b3b0.jpg

They look tasty. What's the cc, (crumb capacity) of those or is it the body's overall specs. and teeth size that really matters?

I'm afraid its all to do with the right mix to go in them that matters. :lol::lol::lol:

None of this healthy aspen stuff in these bad boys