What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Sorry fellas but to do a proper job you need the right tools. No comeback on broke head bolts.

Try these out.

3/8" Dr 9pc 200mm Long Torx Socket Set | eBay

The only heads that get broken are undoing rusted up bolts that won't shift, usually on mufflers.

Nice set of kit, only trouble is the T27 would get used all the time and the T25 would be too long for side covers and internal covers on the recoil MS200T - the rest would never get used!

I use these - EXPERT T27 1/4" HEX. DRAPER TX STAR TITANIUM NITRIDE COATED INSERT BIT 25MM LONG x 2 | Insert Bits | General Hand Tool | ToolSupermarket.co.uk

Never felt the need for anything more for this sort of application - why over complicate matters!

I'm gonna have to agree with spud and gardenkit here rich, I've never needed anything like that, I bought a cheap set of torx Allen keys for a few quid, and I only use 3 of them, the t27, 25 and 20, I learned to tighten without shearing bolts (as breaking bolts where I work would mean replacing hydraulic drive motors from my own wages!), I wouldn't use a torque wrench as they are expensive and rather pointless, I can get a bolt within 10 ft/lbs of a wrench with a normal spanner or socket.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Guess its just me being a perfectionist then :001_rolleyes:

I like to do things the right way. No come backs over anything means a happy life for me. :001_cool:

Guess I just had the kit lying around from the agri days and never got rid, so if I've got the tools for the job then why not use them. Keeps the rust from invading everything aswell.

I have not used them sometimes on a job but always when finishing a job. I'm just a stickler for using tools. Plus that stihl combi spanner does my wrist in when tightening up long bolts.

Anybody wish to show the kit they use for crankcase leak testing. Is it homemade or bought?

I bought an ms200 this morning and I know its drawing in air but just not sure where. Will probably replace all obvious bits anyway but would just like to know for again.

Looks like I am going international now, sending out a repaired saw to Sweden:thumbup: Already done a couple to France and repairs as far afield as Isle of Mull, Isle of Man, Scotland, Cornwall, Wales....not done Ireland yet!

Just got the last MS200T to tach, the MS260 to tach and the 372XP to port!

I have a future 200t needing work so you can almost scratch that off n.ireland! :thumbup1:

I can only dream of that.

Lifeboat was manic. Two jobs while training. One was a stopped engine unable to restart. Fuel filter blocked. Soon by bypassed it. Other was motorboat taking on water.

Just the usual story of "it was fine last year" yeah try servicing your boats......

Looks nice tho Barrie.

Is that paddling pool yours by the way. :lol: colour suites you....:lol:

Edited by Rich2484

anybody wish to show the kit they use for crankcase leak testing. Is it homemade or bought?

I bought an ms200 this morning and i know its drawing in air but just not sure where. Will probably replace all obvious bits anyway but would just like to know for again.

P1010006.jpg.7ddf1ded915e7541143beb76537b3ec3.jpg

P1010007.jpg.6fa211daf384a14b90e2c51fe891dfa8.jpg

Another Briggs and Stratton, just for a laugh! Exhaust bolt holes have no threads left. Hoping a re thread kit will do the job else its going in the bin. Discontinued engine so I am told, got the pto coming out the side.

8710810363_c8e62de9d5.jpg

Also got his in........

8710812591_1d46be484e.jpg

It goes forward but only just backwards, a quick look and it seems to be an adjustment. Has some daft idea of pulling a rubberised pulley into the crank pulley to then turn the drive pulley in the wrong direction which should make it go in reverse. No idea on sourcing parts for it, made in poland!

And couldn't quite get this on the bench, picked it up for the other half. Should keep her busy doing it up.

8710811793_f128934078.jpg