What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Land rover failed the mot.

A full sheet of advisory. This bit I don't get, they repeat the list of items so its look more than it is.

I know the boot has rust in it and needs welding up but there are three bits on the boot. Left centre and right, why not just say boot.......?

Well most of it is corrosion..... Show me a landy that hasn't. :lol:

Guess lots of welding upside down and getting burnt is heading my way. :lol:

The main parts where, headlight image incorrect. Tis is due to the bulb not putting out enough light...... So new bulb then!!!

Track rod end rubber deteriated. Easy one.

Front pan hard rod rubber bush gone. Had to ask what a panhard was..... So the anti roll bar gone then......

I hate garages....

A full sheet of advisory. This bit I don't get, they repeat the list of items so its look more than it is.

I know the boot has rust in it and needs welding up but there are three bits on the boot. Left centre and right, why not just say boot.......?

The main parts where, headlight image incorrect. Tis is due to the bulb not putting out enough light...... So new bulb then!!!

Front pan hard rod rubber bush gone. Had to ask what a panhard was..... So the anti roll bar gone then......

I hate garages....

If you can't dazzle them with diamonds......baffle them with.....

I never mind explaining technicalities even if it makes the customers eyes glaze over - which is pretty often:001_rolleyes:

I hate garages....

Lol I hate cars, since the new changes have started its a pain. Is a pan hard not the arm that goes from the front axe to the chassis ? And any boots like track rod end , ball joint or drop links have a hole in that's a fail. And the holes in your boot must be within 30 cm of seat belt or suspension component, intact I love cars!

If you can't dazzle them with diamonds......baffle them with.....

I never mind explaining technicalities even if it makes the customers eyes glaze over - which is pretty often:001_rolleyes:

It's not the tech stuff I don't get. Just the bull baffles brains. Plain English please. Plus asking them to show me the areas and they have a blank look... Either they don't want to show me or they can't be bothered. I'm not stupid and I know my way round a car.

My plain question of just show me the parts it has failed on. Get a wall response.

I did ask them how much it would cost to fix the main bits, leave the welding as I can do that myself. I nearly had a heart attack.....

Oh well. Get it done and move on. Bit of rant over.

Lol I hate cars, since the new changes have started its a pain. Is a pan hard not the arm that goes from the front axe to the chassis ? And any boots like track rod end , ball joint or drop links have a hole in that's a fail. And the holes in your boot must be within 30 cm of seat belt or suspension component, intact I love cars!

The rod end bits are just the rubber gone. I did look at them all before it went and they looked ok to me....

No The rust parts arenot near mounts. Only one was near the brake servo. The rear is away from seat belt mounts. I know this stuff already. Hence why I wasn't concerned about the boot area.

In the summer I need to rip the landy apart and weld new bits everywhere on it. Them underseal the lot. Just need summer to actually turn up first. :lol:

...before tightening the bolts down and standing back, looking at it and thinking I'm quite proud of myself, it was easier than I thought it would be. Then realise.

Yep. All too easy a thing to do. Once had a friend who after totally rebuilding his Maico motocross bike, discovered he had a washer left over. He checked all the outer nuts and everything seemed good. Assuming he'd just found a washer from elsewhere in his place, he went ahead and cranked it over. Still everything seemed good. The weekend came and as he'd paid for entry in a local club meet, he decided a race or three was in order. The bike made it off the line but didn't finish the first lap.

On stripping the engine, he discovered the identity of that 'spare' washer. It was a shim in the gearbox.

If its the first time I strip something I make a list. As they come off I write it down of what and where. When putting back together I work back through the list. After the first time it's all mentally thought out.

So now what is it about the same saws coming in at once....

Over Xmas it was a run on ms200t saws. Today there are three 026 sitting on the bench. One is div_h. The other needs a new worm drive fitted. The other is an older 026 and problem is not yet identifyed. But won't start. Been told he thinks it electrical. Will soon find out I guess.

If its the first time I strip something I make a list. As they come off I write it down of what and where. When putting back together I work back through the list. After the first time it's all mentally thought out.

So now what is it about the same saws coming in at once....

Over Xmas it was a run on ms200t saws. Today there are three 026 sitting on the bench. One is div_h. The other needs a new worm drive fitted. The other is an older 026 and problem is not yet identifyed. But won't start. Been told he thinks it electrical. Will soon find out I guess.

Like buses mate :001_tt2: or maybe 026 are rubbish?

Like buses mate :001_tt2: or maybe 026 are rubbish?

Hahaha no chance. Your is running beautifully. Had it out today and got two tanks of fuel into it. Did have a heart attack moment when I left it running and walked off, came back and it had stopped........

Someone had turned it off rather than it dying out.. :lol::lol:

Will clean it tommorow as I would hate for it to come back dirty :001_tongue:

Then itS ready for pickup next week. Need to pm me with any details I need to write on the parcel. :thumbup:

Hahaha no chance. Your is running beautifully. Had it out today and got two tanks of fuel into it. Did have a heart attack moment when I left it running and walked off, came back and it had stopped........

Someone had turned it off rather than it dying out.. :lol::lol:

Will clean it tommorow as I would hate for it to come back dirty :001_tongue:

Then itS ready for pickup next week. Need to pm me with any details I need to write on the parcel. :thumbup:

Good stuff al get the address of my work tomorrow and let you know. Cheers