What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I agree with Eddie on this one, there is nothing at all wrong with Briggs engines. They are pretty bombproof as long as the oil is maintained.

In my experience they are a lot less finicky than Honda, especially when it comes to carburation.

Generally I have found B+S engines ok, but just recently have had a few in that have caused nothing but trouble. Maybe the French market got flooded with poor quality ones, I don't know. I am liking however the Kawasaki Twins and the Kohler engines in the Husqvarna ride on mowers. They seem to knock the spots off B+S.

Generally I have found B+S engines ok, but just recently have had a few in that have caused nothing but trouble. Maybe the French market got flooded with poor quality ones, I don't know. I am liking however the Kawasaki Twins and the Kohler engines in the Husqvarna ride on mowers. They seem to knock the spots off B+S.

I agree 100% with the Kawaski, we have them in some JD models. The best engine in the trade IMO.

Not so sure on the Kohler though, had a few issues with them.

Well.....the Qualcast 19" is serviced - oil change and sharpened the cutters then cut the grass for the first time. Used up a little of the crappy fuel/oil mix pulled out of various saws!

Tore down my power washer, the thing kept starting then stopping so reckoned it was the pressure relief switch - adjusted the thing and will see how it goes now!

Not actually on my bench but in my shed, my 031av has lost one of the linings from a clutch shoe. I wouldn't run it how it is but instead of buying another clutch, can I not just remove the linings from the other two clutch shoes ?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Flying the flag for Briggs and Stratton again. This time a Quantum 55 off a three wheeled rough cutter mower. My Dad said get it going you can have it, cheers! Anyway exhaust has always worked loose and looks like he has drilled one and knackered the threads on the other. Going to see if I can somehow re attach the exhaust, give it a good clean up and service and get it running again. It was a handy bit of kit when it was working.

Wanted to use another engine originally, but its one of these daft ones with the pto shaft coming out the side for the drive belt and blade bolts straight onto the crankshaft. If all else fails I reckon chemical metal might be in order.

Damn power washer, didn't work, stripped it down again - still no good, tried it without the lance on it and all fine so tried another lance and it works fine:blushing:

Fork it and bugger, it was the lance that needs a bit of TLC, the rest of it is fine :thumbup::lol:

Porting a 346 now - stripped, cleaned and ready for modification!

My bench has some chains and a Granberg grinder on it. Just done the 226 DL chain, now on to the 'little' ones (52" and 36"). The thing which is not on my bench and should be is the 17mm socket. 076 starter cup has stripped its lugs, so I need to rob one off the other saw until I can weld the lugs back together. This needs a 17mm socket which I suspect to be lurking in my car but can't find.

Hmmmm.

Alec

Alec

Nothing.

Yep nothing is on my bench. It's actually clear expept for machines awaiting parts. There is nothing that needs doing.

A bit of bad prep on my part by waiting until Easter weekend to order parts I suppose.

So its a day of land rover tomoz and getting ready for mot. I hate tose things.

A question I do need to ask is what does everyone think of these blade balance tools? Ordered one last week and awaiting its arrival. Not sure what to make of it really, anyone use one?

BRUSHCUTTER & LAWNMOWER ROTARY BLADE BALANCER | eBay

Nothing.

Yep nothing is on my bench. It's actually clear expept for machines awaiting parts. There is nothing that needs doing.

A bit of bad prep on my part by waiting until Easter weekend to order parts I suppose.

So its a day of land rover tomoz and getting ready for mot. I hate tose things.

A question I do need to ask is what does everyone think of these blade balance tools? Ordered one last week and awaiting its arrival. Not sure what to make of it really, anyone use one?

BRUSHCUTTER & LAWNMOWER ROTARY BLADE BALANCER | eBay

Thats all I use Rich, works fine on most blades, as long as they have a central hole.

Sometimes have to be a bit imaginative when the diameter of the hole and the shoulder on the cone dont match.

Sounds ok then. Thought for a few quid can't go wrong really.

Had a weekend of spending, rock wood spark plugs, pull cord, balancer, coils.

Going to order a new carb for this quad tommorow aswell. Spend spend spend.

Been looking at sharpening equipment for cylinder mowers aswell, havnt seen he big grinders, but saw something that spud may be interested in, save using his beer mat and sand paper idea and may even be a bit safer aswell.

Multi-Sharp 1101 Cylinder Mower Sharpener 12in | eBay