What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I've been putting these off for a while. so as a punishment to myself I have come in today to do them. Not my favourite machines.

[ATTACH]118593[/ATTACH]

I love the old cylinder mowers - maybe working on the cylinder is a PITA but my one is around 30 years old and runs beautifully - made when Britain WAS Great:thumbup:

Right then techno-dudes, I've a question.

As far as I understand, a wacker plate works by turning an unbalanced weight?

So as it turns, it lifts the whole machine up and slightly forward, them slams it down again.

I don't have one to take apart, but I'm trying to find out wether I can adapt on to not go forwards, but just jumps on the spot?

Could it be done, easily?

Cheers.

Right then techno-dudes, I've a question.

As far as I understand, a wacker plate works by turning an unbalanced weight?

So as it turns, it lifts the whole machine up and slightly forward, them slams it down again.

I don't have one to take apart, but I'm trying to find out wether I can adapt on to not go forwards, but just jumps on the spot?

Could it be done, easily?

Cheers.

I think you would need a balance weight to stop it going forward, but then it would not go up and down.

Maybe better to chain it to something solid?

I think you would need a balance weight to stop it going forward, but then it would not go up and down.

Maybe better to chain it to something solid?

I'm not quite sure how they work, I was thinking perhaps I could just change the timing of the weight swingie thing?

I need it to just bounce, not move. Just holding it in place is not an option.

I've been putting these off for a while. so as a punishment to myself I have come in today to do them. Not my favourite machines.

[ATTACH]118593[/ATTACH]

Are the 2 on the left ransomes? Bosses father inlaw was given one with 24 inch cut lovley machine need to fix the fuel tap though. Bit leaky haha

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Are the 2 on the left ransomes? Bosses father inlaw was given one with 24 inch cut lovley machine need to fix the fuel tap though. Bit leaky haha

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Both of those are Webbs, but similar in build quality to the ransomes.

I love the old cylinder mowers - maybe working on the cylinder is a PITA but my one is around 30 years old and runs beautifully - made when Britain WAS Great:thumbup:

They are not dificult to work on Steve, they just take time.

And time is money, ..... and I love money more than I love mowers:laugh1:

I have just done a whole ride on service since starting at 9.30, thats easy money. Now I start on the cylinders. I want to to all 4 before tea time if I can.

Edited by GardenKit

They are not dificult to work on Steve, they just take time.

And time is money, ..... and I love money more than I love mowers:laugh1:

I have just done a whole ride on service since starting at 9.30, thats easy money. Now I start on the cylinders. I want to to all 4 before tea time if I can.

Good luck. Get off arbtalk and get on with it :001_tt2::lol:

For the record cylinder mowers make my skin crawl. Hate the things as they do take forever to do and when you give an estimate gte some strange looks....