What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Yes, and yes. I hope to make a start on it on Saturday. See how far I get in a day - might need to buy a few cans of Aspen:001_smile:

Alec

take some pic mate i would be intrested to see some pic even if u email them to me hope it all works out well for u mate :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Been porting a 346XP - started as a simple enough job but had a massive air leak - stripped out the flywheel and clutch - seals were OK so stripped it down again and found the inlet boot has been modified for the metal retaining clip but the plastic clip hadn't been clipped back enough so the metal clip wasn't clamping the boot properly.

All back together and running - just needs tach tuning now a black unlimited coil has been fitted!

DSCF0460.jpg.5f1dce8e81d11654d0f658399e6c8af6.jpg

DSCF0459.jpg.c20702d50890d098d62c0bfaddac3548.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg.5fe457770f98e4603a8fab91f8c3c078.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg.34059018509a0686b60494523417f227.jpg

Personally I use a tach but on tuned saws, you have to go by ear and the colour of the plug - tan is good but make sure that the colour is checked after a decent size long cut to make sure it is correct.

If it is tan, it must be OK IMO! Worth checking again after a day or two - is the screw nearly one turn out?

Not entirely sure and can't check till tomorrow as its in the bosses shed I think I set it to 1 & 1/4 turns before I leaned it out, certainly goes like stink now did a small muffler mod and very mild port job compared to what I have seen on here :thumbup:

Had div-h 026 on bench tonight. Messages him over it so you lot will have to wait for a post over it.

Had an Oregon saw attachment for long reach multi tool. Chain kept coming slack. Not enough oil getting onto chain. Clean out and check over showed the adjuster for oiler was stuck and not working so only letting minimal oil out. Soon fixed.

No problem David.

For everyone else here's the rundown on the 026.

The tank breather is missing the solid filter part and the plastic cover. Filled with fuel and tweaked the cap up with screwdriver. No leaks, turned the saw sideways and no leaks. Also the same upside down.

The saw started perfectly but was a it rough on tickover. Tweaked the low screw in quarter turn and the saw idled well. So took carb off and checked the meter valve. This was up a small amount so tweaked this down a bit to the markings. Then restarted the saw, idle was now a bit off and turned low out quarter turn back to factory setting. Now runs good.

I used a very blunt chain to try and make the saw struggle a bit but it just carried on. So chain will get a sharpen and the saw will be used tommorow to ensure all is good.

But for now I'm happy with it, starts first pull when warmed up. Stops good and runs at whatever angle its held at. So far so good.

It's a nice saw David and if you ever sell it let me know.

No problem David.

For everyone else here's the rundown on the 026.

The tank breather is missing the solid filter part and the plastic cover. Filled with fuel and tweaked the cap up with screwdriver. No leaks, turned the saw sideways and no leaks. Also the same upside down.

The saw started perfectly but was a it rough on tickover. Tweaked the low screw in quarter turn and the saw idled well. So took carb off and checked the meter valve. This was up a small amount so tweaked this down a bit to the markings. Then restarted the saw, idle was now a bit off and turned low out quarter turn back to factory setting. Now runs good.

I used a very blunt chain to try and make the saw struggle a bit but it just carried on. So chain will get a sharpen and the saw will be used tommorow to ensure all is good.

But for now I'm happy with it, starts first pull when warmed up. Stops good and runs at whatever angle its held at. So far so good.

It's a nice saw David and if you ever sell it let me know.

Good news so far :)

I think you might find more about it tomorrow but I hope not.