What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The metal ring which stops the boot flange spreading when the carb is tightened up is not distorted by any chance Rich?

To be honest I havnt looked at it :blushing:

Just put it on and thought it looked right. Another check for the list :thumbup:

Another thought.

If the thing has been apart a number of times, could the carb studs have pulled into the backplate, and so is the carb actually tightening up enough onto the boot. Some little washers under the nuts could possibly give it a bit more seal??????

All I can say is :thumbup1::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Boy I feel as thick as ****

Rich = you were right/ Spud = you were also right :thumbup1:

What do you mean think you are thick as **** :001_tt2::001_tt2: :lol::lol::lol:

But now you have forgotten to take it don't forget to put it back in :001_tongue::laugh1:

Rich - your bloody saw, are you sure the piston is OK and the ring is in good nick? you said it is running at 160psi - whats it like after a minute or two running - it may be good when stone cold but perhaps it plummets when warm giving issues??

There HAS to be something we are all missing here - I have done enough of these saws to know what they fail on.

If all else fails - pop off the cylinder and make sure a ring hasn't gone or the piston isn't worn under size.

Rich - your bloody saw, are you sure the piston is OK and the ring is in good nick? you said it is running at 160psi - whats it like after a minute or two running - it may be good when stone cold but perhaps it plummets when warm giving issues??

There HAS to be something we are all missing here - I have done enough of these saws to know what they fail on.

If all else fails - pop off the cylinder and make sure a ring hasn't gone or the piston isn't worn under size.

:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to my day and now night spud. It's all I'm thinking about aswell. And it's bugging the crap out of me.

The comp reading was after a warm up. I decided to test it after it was running for a bit and was dying out on me.

The rings and piston are fine. Trust me. There is nothing wrong there exept a bit of transfer from the start that I couldnt feel with finger and cleaned off easily.

Don't worry as soon as I have tested the points made tonight I will post straight away. Will even take my iPad with me tomoz so I can. My first test is to take the carb off and check the ring thingy behind. Then I will use a bit of grease on the mating surface of boot and the impulse line behind the handle. This will give me jump in before having to start setting up the vac/pressure tester straight away. And it will give time for the jb weld to go off on the scrap carb so I can test it later on.:thumbup: