What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The latest project and reflective of the sort of work I often do, a crate of three Husqvarna 254XPs, two in poor condition, one looks salveagable and only one clutch cover!

I have rebuilt and refurbed the recoil cover, pulled the recoil spring out of another and used on the better saw, new recoil rope and that was all good. Put some fuel in a the saw fires and revs - no bad noise.

Have rebuilt the clutch cover but on removing the clutch, have noted that the central boss has a leg missing - will look at the other two and see if they are better.

Should get a good working machine out of these saws.

DSCF0224.jpg.d0fc506728115a02dfcf327876922cf2.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg.a6424dad41577d8792b2c23445103168.jpg

026 back together with new pot and meteor piston. First time I've used a meteor piston and I can see why spud really praises them. The finish on the fabrication is spot on, no fab marks left on it at all.

Comp test showed 225psi wet.

Anyway saw back together so now I'm off to test after a coffee.

image.jpg.3a07e81c8817e9695e7b9ec9c17fd008.jpg

Eom pot.

Thats OEM Rich :lol: Original Equipment manufacturer - basically means manufactured by the manufacturer of the machine:thumbup:

Those Meteor pistons are really good, very reliable and of very good quality at 1/3rd of the price:thumbup:

Let us know how it goes, hopefully better than the last outing:thumbdown:

Can I ask a question here? It's about a problem with my ms200t.

Sometimes, at the start of the day, it struggles to pick up, and dies off, runs too fast on idle, then stops completely (like an airleak perhaps) after half an hour or so it forgets about it and is as good as gold.

Normally I am the sort of bloke who pays to get stuff fixed by thr pros, but it's been in, they gave it back and it was ok for a day! It is a very random thing, can be fine for days then...bam she's a pig again. Ideas?

it runs ok when its hot ????

i would pressure test it start from there make SHORE no airleaks

check the fuel lines out and fuel filter

then look at the carb

the dark lord will be along soon to tell u more about carb

as he will tell u i ent that good with carbs hey spud :lol:

Well; I took it in with this problem, but specifically because I had put chain oil in the fuel tank (I know! I was probably hung over) I emphasise it was doing this before.

I guess they refurbed the carb diaphragms etc, It's weird cos it's so random.

If it was completely gone I'd buy a 201, but if it is simple........