What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The trigger interlock has started sticking on my 026. It won't travel all the way back up after it's been pressed in without the trigger being 'flicked' to get it to travel all the way out (the trigger that is), thus releasing the interlock...

Does this sound like a spent torsion spring?

I've had a good poke/clean around the trigger assembly and removed/reinstalled the entire thing, but no joy.

Spring?

:confused1:

Fascinating Update Alert!!

:party:

It was the torsion spring. New torsion spring is far springier than the old spring which while springy was less springy than the springiness exhibited by the extremely springy new spring.

Spring.

Spring spring spring.

:001_tt2:

Just to remind you people with proper, tidy, spacious, sensible, utilitarian benches how we weekend-warriors roll, here's my 'bench'. Otherwise known as the sideboard in the utility room.

:blushing:

Fixed the 026, and having another bash at my never-ending attempts to fix the chain-brake on my Efco 156 without spending £75 F*CKING QUID on replacing it. Have absolutely no idea what's up with it, unless it's simply worn out. It'll 'fire' about 75% of the time, but the other times it doesn't. A further knock/bash on the non-firing times and it'll fire. Strange. The springs are all good, the band is knackered, but that shouldn't stop the mechanism working should it?

I've had it apart about 100 times.

Not using it without a functional brake; that'd be stupid. :thumbdown:

imag0090rf.jpg

It's hard to figure out a one minute it works one it doesn't tool. Have to wait until it doesn't before checking. When it doesn't work have you tested the plug straight away?

If you havnt already give it a good going over, check all wires and connections, fuel filters and air filters. Could be fuel issue so give the carb a damn good clean out.

Fascinating Update Alert!!

:party:

It was the torsion spring. New torsion spring is far springier than the old spring which while springy was less springy than the springiness exhibited by the extremely springy new spring.

Spring.

Spring spring spring.

:001_tt2:

This sounds familiar except for me it was 200t 200t 200t carb, 200t 200t, ha d a dream about them the other night. Oh wait no I wasn't I was actually at the bench sourounded by them :lol::lol:

It's hard to figure out a one minute it works one it doesn't tool. Have to wait until it doesn't before checking. When it doesn't work have you tested the plug straight away?

If you havnt already give it a good going over, check all wires and connections, fuel filters and air filters. Could be fuel issue so give the carb a damn good clean out.

Sorry for being confusing; it's the chain-brake that doesn't work! The saw runs awesomely.

Hit the brake handle and the brake comes on sometimes, and other times it doesn't. Odd. I dunno. Maybe just a part worn, but I can't figure out which part.

Efco parts are fecking expensive!

:thumbdown:

Sorry for being confusing; it's the chain-brake that doesn't work! The saw runs awesomely.

Hit the brake handle and the brake comes on sometimes, and other times it doesn't. Odd. I dunno. Maybe just a part worn, but I can't figure out which part.

Efco parts are fecking expensive!

:thumbdown:

Ok. I. With you now.

Can you take the relevant covers off and use the chain break to ensure all is working ok? I know you can do it with others but not had a Efco on my bench yet. I have yet to study one upclose.

Back from holiday, fixed the fence that had blown down - why can't contractors build the concrete up the post to stop the soil working round th ething, geting wet then rotting the end???? Grrrrrrr

Got the 345 back together and now runs nicely, just needs taching.

Sharpened and tested the 325 Husky hedge trimmer which started second pull and works well.

Got a HS86 trimmer in that won't prime or start, stuck the carb in the US cleaner for 12 hrs and all is well, started very easily and idles, revs just fine.

Started work on the KM100 Stihl four stroke pole cutter - bad idle and doesn't rev well, took the valve gear apart to have a look for wear - looks OK but will take a closer look soon - surprised by the nylon cam - would have thought this doesn't help maintaining the valve clearences being more prone to wear than chromed metal.

P1050031.jpg.0a922663216e16dadcd48b1749ec7bd2.jpg

P1050030.jpg.be284ddf651d1712f0011d226c08097e.jpg

P1050029.jpg.43ac797fd50eb010b48ac6390f4f7833.jpg