What's on your bench today?

spudulike

yes Rich, it does have a little pump piston.

Silly question, but are the valves adjusted properly. They are critical.

Us they are. Checked checked and re checked. They are not sticking either. Will just have to keep checking and trying whatever I can think of. It's annoying as it will run perfectly one minute and not the next. Did notice a lot of fuel coming back out the carb with the air filter off.

Us they are. Checked checked and re checked. They are not sticking either. Will just have to keep checking and trying whatever I can think of. It's annoying as it will run perfectly one minute and not the next. Did notice a lot of fuel coming back out the carb with the air filter off.

Timing is also critical, so its worth checking. It will start if its a tooth out but wont run well. It however, should not be changeable from on minute to the next. UNLESS...

might be worth checking the flywheel key, it could have sheared. Just a thought?

Ok, all good thoughts and worth trying. I haven had it stripped right down yet. Was going on the usual carb and valves before getting into it any deeper.

It's been on the bench a while now as its the bosses and we have another. It's just there when I have a few minutes spare or I do it when I get hacked off with another tool that won't work so I can have a five minute breather before going back to other tool.

Been struggling with an 020T, had a new piston, been vac and pressure checked, carb cleaned and the idle is all over the place, wont hold steady, the L screw is pretty hit and miss and the carb is an 020 one without the pump!

Rebuilt a spare MS200T carb and did the pump mod, put it on tonight and bingo, even idle and revs out fine - think the jobs a good un:thumbup:

Steve, I would of had some cash :blushing:, if I hadnt spent it all on deisel dropping off/picking up some one elses saws!! :001_tt2:

Don't want to stand in between you two, it was no trouble and glad the saw dialled in straight away - looked OK at a glance and hope the other two I did are working well:thumbup:

Must be the season for 200t.

Made a complete saw for d a tree surgeons out of two in a box in bits. Just need a few parts that have been lost, probably easier to get a complete top handle as the bits needed are inside the handle at the back, two plastic bits one orange and one white, they join the bars inside the handle to the bars that control choke and throttle. Also will need to break one saw in half as the crank seals are gone so need seals and gaskets for this job.

Can't express the feeling it gives when a saw that was otherwise condemnd to the scrap heap is put back together and fires up on the third pull then runs like stink.

Sorry no pics as didn't have my camera on me and wasn't really going to do the job.

Been porting a 372XP today, ended up with quite a lot of modification, exhaust port widened and reprofiled the shape, inlet widended and reprofiled, upper transfers blended and witened toward the inlet, lower transfers heavily modified and the base gasket dropped.

Just doing a muffler mod and will see how it goes:thumbup:

P1040967.jpg.a5d78fd337e364e6fe9a8e1024d919d6.jpg

P1040969.jpg.a8ca866907f6628053dc3d1e5375e100.jpg

P1040964.jpg.89b0603eba39bd31c3ed85a55df2e531.jpg