What's on your bench today?

spudulike

A very small electrical type screwdriver and a finger covering the clip while doing it or you will never find it again....

Good luck.

Either that or pushing it in with a decent set of long nose pliers.

I ALWAYS make sure the things are 100% seated in the groove as well - use a magnifying glass and inspection torch - a bit anal about it but wouldn't like one popping out:blushing::thumbdown:

If you can find a bit of tube of the same internal diameter as the external diameter of the pin, cut an inch or so. Then you can push it in "sideways" and turn it in the tube. Put the tube against the piston and push it through into the piston, it needs to be one quick motion.

The bosses sister dropped of her Honda Easy start lawn mower of the morning (It would start) cleaned the plug and the carb, so now it starts:D had a look at the blade and thought that doesn't look right, it was upside down.... But on the middle of the blade there's a dome for the centre bolt to sit in so when it was round the wrong way the to bolts than hold it on when tightened where bending the blade up,apparently it's been like that from new, it's 7years old.

Why I LOVE greenmech chippers. Had one in for a change of feed rollers today. The top one fell out easily. Stripped cleaned and back together. The bottom one however didn't.

The Allen head bolt stripped off. So out with the drill and drill it out. Removed the pump and plate from other side and the roller knocked out this way. All ok exept the bearing has gone. So new bearing needed, and new Allen head bolt needed.

Not a bad job and enjoyed it.

A nice and simple job really. Greenmech really build good chippers.

image.jpg.e5097593b7e352a0d2c07804e3cb4e5c.jpg

Thank you gardenkit. But I do wish I had your weather, been raining all day today. Hail stone earlier.....

After greenmech was an ms280. Just not running right. Cleaned carb, checked meter arm height. Then checked tank vent. It's gone. Nw one in, would run perfectly without air filter, but die in a cut with. So cleaned that. All good now. A powerfull little saw. But not my favourite stihl saw by a long shot. Horrible and ugly looking.

Then it was a 039. A fellow arb talkers saw. Had an exhaust mod done (not by me) so a tune up and check. Chain was jumping a little aswell. So new plug in run up and checked colour. A little white. So leaned it up a bit and tuned it down on the tickover. Chain not jumping anymore.

Now its home and tea time me thinks.

Today i planned to cut some scrap up thats lying around before the grass starts growing over it again and weigh it in, fueled up the TS400 and set off to chop some polytunnel frames up. A TS400 will run for about 2 mins with straight petrol, as soon as it conked out i knew what i had done. Too much on my mind and trying to do 3 things at once and the top end is FUBAR. So thats tomorrows on my bench when the new top end arrives.

Today i planned to cut some scrap up thats lying around before the grass starts growing over it again and weigh it in, fueled up the TS400 and set off to chop some polytunnel frames up. A TS400 will run for about 2 mins with straight petrol, as soon as it conked out i knew what i had done. Too much on my mind and trying to do 3 things at once and the top end is FUBAR. So thats tomorrows on my bench when the new top end arrives.

Tis easy done Ray. More than once I have found myself pouring the wrong fuel.

I dont think anything has ever gone back to a customer though, which is the main thing.

Just finished another MS200T, needed the accelerator pump to be disabled but seems ok - symptoms were bad pickup followed by dying and difficult to restart.

Just got the first Meteor Cylinder kit in, doing a Jonnie 2172 and have now found the new kit will need the 372 manifold to make it work:001_rolleyes:

The kit generally looks good, plating is good, the port edges look a bit sharp so will bevel them to make sure, the ports could do with smoothing especially the exhaust and will be interested to see how it goes once done.

DSCF0595.jpg.c6e29e22e823d3a815249d790b5dbb76.jpg

DSCF0593.jpg.81c6ba21a3fd70650e15e900499bc1ab.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg.c54481b58d3e18705e8f599c5f5b6e92.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg.0f37b8f87e10fa59112f0f01c3638ea0.jpg

DSCF0587.jpg.449e62d1cc4f6e188228261885854ef4.jpg