What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Anyone know where the blue and black wires on a stihl stop switch connect to?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The lack one goes to the coil normally. The blue has me confused. Normally its earth colours. And that just goes to an earth point on the machine.

The lack one goes to the coil normally. The blue has me confused. Normally its earth colours. And that just goes to an earth point on the machine.

Cheers rich, I've gotta get a little metal piece to bolt on for it, left it at work, it's amazing to think, this has been such an easy fix, yet where I work just bought a new one instead!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Flymo Hover Tecumseh 2 stroke mower - always thought they were a bit of a joke until i sorted this non-runner. No spark - dirty points. No fuel - blocked jet.

Amazing thing - powerful and just glides around like magic. Wondering of it's possible to plastic weld a crack in the deck? or to ally plate it?

I'm impresed.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6365-20130409-131703-1.jpg

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6366-20130409-131716-1.jpg

Flymo Hover Tecumseh 2 stroke mower - always thought they were a bit of a joke until i sorted this non-runner. No spark - dirty points. No fuel - blocked jet.

Amazing thing - powerful and just glides around like magic. Wondering of it's possible to plastic weld a crack in the deck? or to ally plate it?

I'm impresed.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6365-20130409-131703-1.jpg

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6366-20130409-131716-1.jpg

yes you can plastic weld it i do it all the time the problem is getting the filler rod the same colour i can only get black or yellow at the moment

Three TS410 concrete saws today all badly running, seen this so many times. Whenever the filters get changed the 4 screws get over tightened and the brass threaded insert spins and strips the plastic splines in the tank housing. So then the bolts just spin and the rear cover wont come off and the filters never get replaced again. Drilled the bolt heads out, push the brass inserts out and heat up a M5 nut and push it into the plastic, melting a hexagon into it, push in an other M5 nut and seal in place with Fixall, replace with new filters and job done.

Sorted the land rover out. Well sort of.

Fitted bearings and all good. But in my haste of ordering the parts I ordered the wrong brake pipes. They were for a disco 2, the disco 1 has a male at one end and a female at the other. And I havnt got a pipe end forming tool. So had to do a bit of pokery with the old connection, it has worked sort of bit does allow air back in. So I have brakes (sort of)

The right ones are on order. Unless someone close to me has the tools to form the end of the pipe???

Ah, the good old days of making brake pipes. If it had not been for your post I may have never remembered that I have a Sykes Pickavant brake pipe flaring kit somewhere. It has not been opened for at least 11 years. Dont suppose I will ever use it again, wonder if there is a market for it?

You are welcome to borrow it Rich, bit far away though.