What's on your bench today?

spudulike

These old Cylinder mowers have got the better of me again.

Just finished the second at 16.00 hrs, as well as getting the next two cylinders out, cleaned and painted ready for grinding. Early start tomorrow to catch up

Think we had this conversation before but I use a bit of emery paper stapled to a bit of stout card and slide it between the lifted cylinder and the bottom anvil plate and then use this to sharpen the cylinder - a little dangerous but does the job:thumbup:

Hiya mate, I've been told to get in touch with you, I'm after a second hand stihl 441 just gonna be using it for fire wood. Any ideas on a price?

Got your PM, will be on it in a minute.

First one up over the weekend was a 372XP for porting, The first pic shows the standard cylinder, the second shows the mods to the base of the lower transfers, lots of blending and grinding. The exhaust and inlet ports got modded as did the upper transfers. Squish was lowered and a big muffler mod!

Needs a tach but feels good: -

5976640c4f7d9_MufflerMod.jpg.e3c21c850438f16117a808e51899e6d4.jpg

DSCF0466.jpg.efd4a5c861931a9585c2a8909ff3437b.jpg

DSCF0464.jpg.18239629517f70273e53e5c238fe5a7f.jpg

Part 2 ......todays work, a poorly MS200T - not wanting to rev up, idle not too bad but all round dodgy:thumbdown:

The owner wanted if fixed and ported so gave it the full stripdown - the seals were leaking a little so replaced them, ported the exhaust port, lowered the squish and did a muffler mod - started sweet as a nut and revs out well.

The chainbrake was full of crud, typical of this type of saw but now operates a lot crisper!

DSCF0484.jpg.033b3ef2318f7422e1d6b4d1afda6303.jpg

DSCF0477.jpg.0f286e8ed883a5cc2e211f39cbf845d4.jpg

Part 2 ......todays work, a poorly MS200T - not wanting to rev up, idle not too bad but all round dodgy:thumbdown:

The owner wanted if fixed and ported so gave it the full stripdown - the seals were leaking a little so replaced them, ported the exhaust port, lowered the squish and did a muffler mod - started sweet as a nut and revs out well.

The chainbrake was full of crud, typical of this type of saw but now operates a lot crisper!

Looks familiar :D

I should clean that out more often, that is filthy in there!

Charlie.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk mobile app

Looks familiar :D

I should clean that out more often, that is filthy in there!

Charlie.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk mobile app

Mmmm about par for the course in this game - only had one claen one in many MS200Ts.

leaving them like this tends to damage the tie bar and/or break the leaf spring - both these were OK fortunately:thumbup:

It now fits and works nicely.

13.00 hrs. First one finished, a bit slower than planned due to a visit from my middle daughter (complete with'bump')

[ATTACH]118625[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118626[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118627[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118628[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118629[/ATTACH]

nice work - looks great

Got your PM, will be on it in a minute.

First one up over the weekend was a 372XP for porting, The first pic shows the standard cylinder, the second shows the mods to the base of the lower transfers, lots of blending and grinding. The exhaust and inlet ports got modded as did the upper transfers. Squish was lowered and a big muffler mod!

Needs a tach but feels good: -

nice one spud - the before and after pics really show the difference you've made

is that exhaust mod miggd?

nice one spud - the before and after pics really show the difference you've made

is that exhaust mod miggd?

No, I cut the hole, tab, bend - insert the tube, hammer the tabs shut and then braze in place using propane/butane torch - expensive silver solder but is pretty effective and relatively easy to get a good finish.

I then just use high temp paint to finish - a few holes are drilled in baffle plates etc to improve flowbut not enough to make it ear shattering!

If the owner wants more noise it is relatively easy to drill more!