What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Right, my thinking on this.

Got to be fuel, either too little or too much. So what is different with saw on its side?

The fuel normally has to pumped into the carb by the pump diaphragm, but when on the side it can flow into the carb.

It should stop at the closed metering needle, but if that were to not seat properly it could flow past, filling the metering chamber. This could result in flooding.

It need only be a small leak, which is also present when running, but the leak is less than the consumption so no problem.

So I think I would be checking that out first.

That is prob the answer, history behind saw:-

neighbour passed it over fence to me in pieces said can you have a look at this please my mate took it to shop as wouldn't cut due to clutch slipping. When he went back to see how they getting on with it they said they knew what was wrong with it but could,t repair it for him as he didn't have a chainsaw ticket. Neighbour took it to work to see if lags in workshop training could repair it (he is a prison officer) they stripped it and couldn,t put it back together. I put it in garage and forgot about it till I needed a lighter saw for cutting firewood re-assembled it but could't figure carb and controls out so went to see my mate , manager of Stihl dealership looked at a new 250 and realised the carb was not from a 250 so he gave me a dead saw from out back said take off what you want and bring back what you don't want.

15mins after getting home saw was running.

So yes after 4 years firewood cutting prob ready for a new carb

but could,t repair it for him as he didn't have a chainsaw ticket.

So yes after 4 years firewood cutting prob ready for a new carb

Never heard of needing a ticket to get a saw repaired:confused1:

Probably a bit over the top to fit a new carb, a good clean and refurb should suffice. Give it a go, plenty of help on here if you get stuck Trev.:thumbup1:

I hear you Rich, let you know tomorrow mate:thumbup1:

Rich, there have been 3 different tank vents on the 026, and all have different tanks. Are you sure your part numbers are the right ones? If not, let me have the serial number and I will try to identify the correct ones. (providing the tank has not been changed)

Failing that, buy all three and see which one fits!

Never heard of needing a ticket to get a saw repaired:confused1:

Probably a bit over the top to fit a new carb, a good clean and refurb should suffice. Give it a go, plenty of help on here if you get stuck Trev.:thumbup1:

026 carbs are the bane of my life....even after cleaning:001_rolleyes: Worth doing but they seem to suffer from the idle speed being a bit intermittent - reckon it may be from wear in the L screw seat as I found no other fault with these carbs!

Ticket to get a saw repaired - do you need a driving licence to get a car repaired and what about home user saws?????

Not on the bench yet, but heading that way.

This little collection,plus a couple more ride-ons, arrived for service yesterday, despite the rain.

Only a couple so far today though.

[ATTACH]118192[/ATTACH][ATTACH]118193[/ATTACH]

I'm impressed - you're either good at photo shop or good at repairing - nice one Barrie

I'm impressed - you're either good at photo shop or good at repairing - nice one Barrie

Hahaha. Of course I may be BAD at repairing and have a very long queue:laugh1:

Seriously though, thats about normal for this time of year, we collect from customers on Wednesday and return the following week. Also collect a ride on several nights of the week and a couple more on Sat afternoon. Try for a week turnround on all.

Then of course there are the pesky customers who turn up with kit in their cars.

Rich, there have been 3 different tank vents on the 026, and all have different tanks. Are you sure your part numbers are the right ones? If not, let me have the serial number and I will try to identify the correct ones. (providing the tank has not been changed)

Failing that, buy all three and see which one fits!

Ok. Will call tomorrow with it in front of me and see what we can work out. :thumbup:

Just a little update on a MS200t that I asked for some help with. On the third time of asking (After advice on here) they changed the crank seals and guess what? It's now a ring-dinging tree-killin' beautiful bitch of a saw which rather puts the 201 in the shade, but that's for another thread...... so in conclusion over running on tickover, problems when hot, don't discount crank seals.

Thanks,

Mick