What's on your bench today?

spudulike

That's interesting - was it in the wrong place? It had been set when I fitted it, so if it's dropped then it suggests a problem with it. I've still got the old one so at least I can swap back if it plays up.

Alec

Metering arms out of the packet are not set.......with the 026 carb, it is set either with the Walbro Golden Gauge or with a straight edge over the LOWER flats of the diaphragm chamber either side of where the metering arm sits.

I remembered after you had picked it up that the arm was a little low and I did reset it - not 100% sure it was the issue but I know it can be!

It's ok spud. Calm down. It won't be another suspense one. Unless I feel like I need to make it one, just to keep you on your toes. :lol::001_tt2:

I don't know anything about it yet ask havnt even tried to start it and won't until after the weekend as I'm spending time with the other half as I havnt seen much of her lately.

Tell you what I will do. I won't post about the saw until I have it fixed. I will only message div and then if he wants to post then he can :lol::lol::001_tongue:

Its all right you saying calm down - I had two nights lack of sleep:lol: up all night, pacing about, delving deep in to my knowledge to come to the correct solution!:001_rolleyes:

Metering arms out of the packet are not set.......with the 026 carb, it is set either with the Walbro Golden Gauge or with a straight edge over the LOWER flats of the diaphragm chamber either side of where the metering arm sits.

Yep, I know they're not right out of the box so I set it to the lower flats. If it's dropped since I set it then it's something I'll keep an eye on if it starts playing up.

Alec

Its all right you saying calm down - I had two nights lack of sleep:lol: up all night, pacing about, delving deep in to my knowledge to come to the correct solution!:001_rolleyes:

:blushing::confused1: I had no idea spud. I'm sure on a boys day out I can bring some cake along to calm the nerves a bit :thumbup1:

:blushing::confused1: I had no idea spud. I'm sure on a boys day out I can bring some cake along to calm the nerves a bit :thumbup1:

Ahhhhhh cake - all is good now:thumbup:

Yeah, boys day out -not at the mo, the weather is crap - freezing cold or pissinng it down - need to get MattyF involved to make sure the yard we used before is still available - we did leave a fair pile of woodchip and cookies when we left - that is wood cookies and not the choc chip variety:001_rolleyes:

We now have three ported 357XPs, a ported 395XP and various other kit including a 298XP plus my now ported 181XP..........and so the list goes on:lol:

Robbin Dagger - I have heard of Robin Bas£$"ds:lol:

Some of their kit has kawasaki engines - not come across anything like that though....sorry!

Quick question about tuning I have tuned a fair few saws but in regards to my 044 I tuned it to what I thought sounded right and worked well but last week I thought I would check the plug which was black. So I thought its tuned a bit rich so leaned it up a bit, but then it sounded too lean but after half hour I checked plug again. Nice tan color so would you guys say that even though it sounds like its screaming as long as the plug looks good its not going to explode ? Sorry for the essay I'm not too good at explaining things haha

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Today I found out what was wrong with the partner 650 cut off saw, some silly barstool didn't fit the gasket on the metering diaphragm! And had a go at porting my husky 236, easy! Has pull-out transfer things! So ground out transfers and exh port, then ground the transfer covers, oops! Wrong side! Oh well, haven't shaved them down much, just need a carb kit and good to go!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App