What's on your bench today?

spudulike

You got him started by saying the A word!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm loving the Aspen as well - guys keep sending me their saws when it messes up their carburation:thumbup:

The MS200 was pretty weird - kept bogging on the pickup so boiled the carb in the US cleaner and all good:thumbup:

Guess it is just early teething problems - probably frees up all the crap in the fuel system that then clogs the carb up???

While on here, anyone interested in an old 075AV??

Pre chain brake so probably of interest to collectors. It is a runner, although missing the decompression lever.

Would be interesting for driving a mill (like the Alaskan). No need for chain brake.

hi gents

silly little problem - my mate has misplaced the sprocket cover nuts for his old 038 farm boss. Where can we find some replacements?

He got some new nuts off a local dealer, but they seem to be a different thread on the older saw???

I've just checked the IPL and it seems that the 038 uses nuts 0000 955 0801, which are the common nut used on most Stihls.

Brilliant photos - never done that job - would have no hesitation having a go after this post - cheers barrie - this site is superb - given me so much confidence to get stuck in.

Will do a bit of research on heli-coiling - cheers

After 2 days of ride on services it was back to 2T machines today.

First up was a nice easy job, an MS200T with a stripped thread for the bar stud.

Fitted a helicoil and a new stud. A simple job and now much stronger than the original.

[ATTACH]114699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]114700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]114701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]114702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]114703[/ATTACH]

Spud I had that exact same thing on a 260 before.

It would want to die when put into timber but carry on once withdrawn. When pressure was put on the saw the ht would hit the mount with the movement and then move away when pressure released.

Ensure the wire is put in its small channel on the top cover when replacing or it will happen again.

I did put some electrical tape over it for good measure.

It had me baffled for a short while as I was thinking fuel filter and carb until I noticed it.

Was just going to ask about a similar problem with my 026, started and cut ok with the old bar and chain on it and a noticed the fuel cap was leaking, so ordered new fuel cap and fitted the new bar and chain all at the sametime, was trying it yesterday and when you put it near a lump of wood it dies :thumbdown: but when a felt it trying to cut out I lifted it out slightly and would rev fine. I've not even looked at chucked in the shed. Will have a look tomorrow, was thinking maybe tank vent or coil but any suggestions would be great:thumbup: .

Have another look div.

Take the top cover off and just pull the ht lead off. Seems to be a common problem on them then.

Had the 200t with vertigo out working on job today. So checking it out to make sure all is good. It did cut out again and was a real pain to start up. Noticed it was running very rich. So tuned the high screw and it is now revving its nuts off and clean exhaust fumes. To the point I'm sure it's four stroking but never having heard a four stroking saw I don't know.

But they send you loads of saws run on petrol with messed up carburation too. We accept this as normal, but when they mess up with Aspen we blame the fuel. Bit unfair really.

Wasn't digging Barrie - normally someone says "the saw is fooked":confused1:

With the Aspen conversion it is "changed my saw to Aspen and it is fooked!

All I know is that I can fire up a saw running on Aspen in the workshop without gassing myself:thumbup::lol:

Are we mates again:blushing: