What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Quick video of the results, possible air leak or carb adjustments? Saw near enough only runs on full throttle. The first 80% if throttle travel just results in cutting out. I've no idea about carb adjustments so it more than likely is all over the place in the settings. I had the throttle on full towards the end of the video then it died out. Any ideas?

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5pqticCDWk]Erratic Stihl MS 200t - YouTube[/ame]

Oo ohh running a 200 with the clutch cover off. You just want to play a game of hide and seek there. Lol.

I take it with all the work you have done to it you pressure tested the saw??

The adjustments are standard saw adjustment. Tickover so the bar doesn't run. Low and high I think are 1 turn out on high and 3/4 out on low. The high and low could be other way round.

spud that 266 looks sweet mate just got to tune it

and buy a bar and chain from mr rob D

is a 266 3/8 or 325

i no i will find out when i go on rob D site but dont want to no how much a bar and chain will be just yet :lol::lol:

Probably 3/8, check the sprocket out by wrapping a 3/8 chain around it:thumbup:

Oo ohh running a 200 with the clutch cover off. You just want to play a game of hide and seek there. Lol.

I take it with all the work you have done to it you pressure tested the saw??

The adjustments are standard saw adjustment. Tickover so the bar doesn't run. Low and high I think are 1 turn out on high and 3/4 out on low. The high and low could be other way round.

Alas I am illequipped with such a device. This saw is abit of a frankenstein saw from all the parts that I had gathered up. was so bored today that I decided to give it a shot. Though the pull start does feel that it comes about abit too easy.

Quick video of the results, possible air leak or carb adjustments? Saw near enough only runs on full throttle. The first 80% if throttle travel just results in cutting out. I've no idea about carb adjustments so it more than likely is all over the place in the settings. I had the throttle on full towards the end of the video then it died out. Any ideas?

Erratic Stihl MS 200t - YouTube

I hope that clutch hasn't been off, I have had them dissapear down my drive before when they have shot off - bad man, be warned:lol:

Turn out both H&L screws out 1 turn, perhaps a little more on the L screw, adjust the idle and if even screwing it all the way in doesn't do it, you have carb issues. This may just be a clean up or a faulty accelerator pump - who knows with those Zama carbs:thumbdown:

A comp tester will test the cylinder compression. A pressure test will test the seals in the crank casing.

Sounds like it will run as it probably wouldn't run at all with no compression.

Wear abouts are you in the country??

I did a similar thing with a 200t yesterday. Made a good one out of two scrap saws. Need a few parts for it as some have got lost in the shed ahem (d a tree surgeons :lol:)

One of the saws I have had in is a rough running problem much like the carb issue, but a good carb soon eliminated that problem. Try putting a known working carb on it. Only takes a few mins to change over.

Got a bit of a non work engine (bike) related question that hoping someone will be able to help with.

My fire breathing (:001_rolleyes:) DR 125 is struggling a bit to pull top gear on anything other than the flattest of flat roads or down hill and among other things I don't think is getting enough air in.

At some point it's been fitted with an aftermarket exhaust, possibly even a DR 200 one and header pipe too as it looks quite big bore.

I'm not as familiar with 4 stroke bikes as 2 strokes and was wondering, if I leave off the airbox lid so it's breathing through a roughly 4"x4" hole instead of a 1/2" slot, am I likely to need to fettle the carb or are they less bothered than two strokes?

My old KMX 125 (13 years ago now) really went well after opening up the exhaust and leaving the airbox lid off - till it went pop a fewweeks later :blushing:

I'm not expecting miracles but every little helps :biggrin: