What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Dunno bout funny, they're brilliant IMO, such a simple design, but replacing certain parts is a PITA, and they last longer than modern saws. If you need the IPL just delete part of the link, you can get most parts from a stihl dealer, if not, let me know and I'll give you a link

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Dunno bout funny, they're brilliant IMO, such a simple design, but replacing certain parts is a PITA, and they last longer than modern saws. If you need the IPL just delete part of the link, you can get most parts from a stihl dealer, if not, let me know and I'll give you a link

im starting to enjoy working on this saw iv got a list of bits iv got to get now to get them and I hope with in 2 weeks I will be having a test run :thumbup::thumbup:

im starting to enjoy working on this saw iv got a list of bits iv got to get now to get them and I hope with in 2 weeks I will be having a test run :thumbup::thumbup:

What's on your list so far? I may be able to help, a few random parts are not available in uk, as I found out a few times, such as the lower AV mount arm, earthing wire, carb elbow and nameplates?! God only knows why they choose not to sell those random parts

Started taking it to bit scored piston witch I can get (pot is ok after learning a trick or 2 off spud ) :thumbup::thumbup1:

Oil pump diafram

Re coil cover witch iv brought OEM one

Front Handel bar

Going to do it up as it is

Carb kit

Bar tensioning screw

The side plate that goes between the bar and side casting where the oil come out

And new OEM chain side cover to make it look really sweet :001_cool: Mine has a big split in it and if I'm going to do this saw up it will be rite not bodged up

Few more bit but don't need them just would finish the saw off

Have you got the crankshaft with the replaceable big end? Or solid shaft? Also, where the cylinder fits to the mounts, has it got a larger ring round it

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388605797.637331.jpg.b0c6e94349d9771c9c890c2ee4327346.jpg

Like so!

I would offer you the old contra piston, but the saw might explode as it's a domed head

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388605926.625312.jpg.0ee51bac4025dc40cd85708adf709800.jpg

Been fixing up a couple of saws in my collection for sale very shortly - the MS650 is a nice runner and just needs a new side cover and spikes.

Nearly finished a MS200T, pulls nice compression and should be ready at the weekend - PM me if you are interested in either saw:thumbup:

DSCF1490.jpg.10aed839fc765eaf8e00172d54c498c9.jpg

DSCF1489.jpg.8a900cea139696324c9cdb6998237abf.jpg

DSCF1486.jpg.562e416072f21ca3da5751c2d782ef9b.jpg

DSCF1482.jpg.af8c59f44bef7329a41e6851f0d82e81.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg.55120a243cc4093ccf3ca06414ce6a5d.jpg

I have a question.

If after trying to start a saw and you remove the fuel pipe and there is no pressure there, so no fuel spews from the pipe when taken off the carb, yet the fuel tank breather is all good, does it mean there is a leak and the fuel tank isn't pressurizing? I have tested the tank and there is no leaks, yet the tank won't pressurise when the saw is used.

It is that 260 by the way. Will run on tick over yet die when pulled. And I have checked the carb and it's all good.

I thought the point of the tank breather was to stop pressure or vacuum so the tank is at atmospheric pressure. Isn't it the diaphragm in the carb that does the pumping by means of crankcase pressure sucking the fuel through from the tank and into the crankcase ? More likely it means the pipe is blocked.