The Brits Want Their Guns Back......

TheTreeWiseMen

Gun crime has risen 40% since the ban, simple, crooks dont want the risk of taking on public that may be as well armed as they are!

we in the U.K may have a low gun crime (30 odd cases per annum) but how many muggings do we have?

would you mug a texan?

If any of you lost a loved one to bombs dropped by a foreign government (50 nations bombed by U.K/U.S forces) you would all be screaming for a gun!

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muggings still occur in places of high gun ownership.They just occur at gunpoint,albeit less frequently.

Guns dont kill people, people do, wether its a gun, a bottle of pills a knife whatever, those that are inclined to always will:thumbdown:

never owned a gun, they dont scare me either, if somebody points one in my face they best be prepared to use it quick!:lol:

As for the illegal gun trade, well its fed and supplied by those we entrust to stop the very thing!

Very selective editing. I've never felt teh need to own a gun to defend myself. look what is currently happening in Finland, they are talking about more restrictions of gun ownership.

I don't know all teh ins and outs, all the facts, the pros and cons of owning a gun. I've never felt the need to own one, I've got mates that do.

I don't believe that gun ownership makes for a safer society.

Jamie

Good points Jamie,

I think the video is rather more a selection of clips/vox pops that aim to support the NRA's approach to things (cherry picked from a PR MEWP :lol:). People protesting about gun laws in this country are right to if it is for hunting/farming. In those respects it is a tool used for a job. Shoot pests, shoot game/food is fine I reckon. I don't know the ins or outs either when the 2 countries are compared.

I don't need a gun so I don't have one, if I was a farmer or shot game/for food I probably would though. To many Americans seem to own them just to show off and act tough in my opinion. Not all though of course...Arnie :biggrin:

I know plenty of idiots that shouldnt be allowed to think on there own, never mind own a gun:scared1:

We need more properly enforced laws IMO, the first being a license to have kids, the gene pool is getting watered down with idiots :001_smile:

Right on!:thumbup1:

I don't think gun laws would make any difference unless we can line up the morons and shoot them.

Maybe Stalin was a nutter but maybe he had some good ideas too. His mistake was going too far.

If he'd stopped at just disposing of fools, scum and idiots, he'd probably be ruling the world now. He'd get my vote.

If any of you lost a loved one to bombs dropped by a foreign government (50 nations bombed by U.K/U.S forces) you would all be screaming for a gun!

Nah. If they're dropping bombs, I'll assume they're using planes, so I'd rather have a battery of SAM's please. :001_tt2:

In fact sod it, I'd want proper payback, I'll go nuclear please. That'll learn em' :lol:

What we all should definately have though, is James Bond jetpacks, and Star Trek phasers, set to stun.

It'd be a right laugh out with your mates in your jetpacks, firing at each other with your phasers, then watching them lose control after you score a hit and tumbling to the ground in a crumpled heap, or veering off through the shop window of Next! :lol:

What we all should definately have though, is James Bond jetpacks, and Star Trek phasers, set to stun.

It'd be a right laugh out with your mates in your jetpacks, firing at each other with your phasers, then watching them lose control after you score a hit and tumbling to the ground in a crumpled heap, or veering off through the shop window of Next! :lol:

Rick, those pain killers you've been on have given you a vivid imagination :-) Glad to hear you back at work.