how does loler apply to day to day tree works

Ropes= check through hands and visual

Carabinas- locking ok/no distortion

harness- no damage

other pulleys/slings/lowering- not bent/distorted otherwise abused

Am I missing something or is this another money spinner for trainers

If you are climbing with dodgy equipment then you must be mental

Please enlighten

Your right as a climber checking your kit is part of your pre-climb checks, it's just a legality of having someone putting a name and date that your kit on that day is fit for use, it also monitors where kit has been for instance you bought a karabiner or karabiners of someone and there perfect what's to say they haven't been loaded in a way that they've been stretched and are in a perfect oval shape (I've seen it) and you'd be surprised what people think is ok for use I've had some shockers!

Ring around and ask. You don't, you dont get>:lol:

I pay £100 average for contract climbers supplying their own top handle and C Kit.

I ask for certs CS38,39,40,41, FA, in date. i.e. within 5 year refreshers. Also 6 month lolered C Kit. Often over looked but necassary for a 'proffesional'! :blushing:

You Tight Git! £100 a day for all that? if the climber hasnt much experience, then fine but anyone who is at a production level..... - i wasnt too far off that when i was on the books!

You Tight Git! £100 a day for all that? if the climber hasnt much experience, then fine but anyone who is at a production level..... - i wasnt too far off that when i was on the books!

I have not come accross a 'qualified' sub-contract climber yet in my area. Top pay I have paid has been £190 plus travel because he was over 40miles away and faultless work! Bottom pay has been a hand shake but no thanks!

So many go it alone to soon and do not have the experience, evident in the shortfall of both obtaining all relavant tickets, Kit and also keeping them in date!

They get away with it for a bit untill an accident happens!!:confused1:

If anyone in lincs can prov me wrong. I will stand corrected and will gladly use yours services.:thumbup1:

Once I have received your tickets and references.:lol: