Pinto splice assistance please!

Dak

All well in the arb camp I'm hoping folks!

Soo, kinda down on the db splicing so tried to splice my pinto to some 8mm Sirius, first eye tiny bit of bunching but the second eye was a pig! Any tips? There is no way that will pass through I don't think an my hands are in shreds :D

Having no end to tie off makes it a nightmare!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315427210.727686.jpg.7779446aa1ecd245b922d4cb14add468.jpg

This might be one for Drew!

And on another note what's ap 8mm like to splice compared to Sirius folks, anyone tried both?

Thanks in advance folks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey bro. Craig has done sirius onto a pinto with good results, personally i find it a right pita.especially the second eye as your finding. Samson prussic cord (blue and white) is a lot easier to do.I havent got any quick fixes bro sorry-apart from cut it off and try the samson cord or icetail or tenex. However you could pull the splice apart and just retry it,try back milking it as your trying to bury it and liberally hitting the throat with a rubber mallet/hammer head. Good Luck:)

Morning squire, very quick response bud, I'll check them out see if I can find any an give it another shot, out of Sirius now anyway!

Ahh yes I remember seeing his pic on here now you mention it!

Have a good'n bro

hey there, Yeap I spliced it on to a pinto, it came up good but I wouldn't use sirius again, its a real mission to splice! To get the second eye finished, I milked it as much as I could and then I put a prussic at about on the sirius about halfway and used this as a new anchor and finished milking the eye in (hope that makes sense?) also what Drew said, hitting/massaging the throat of the splice helps this process. As for the bunching up, as Drew said cut if off and start again or milk it back out and try again. Also making sure the crossover point is tight and not coming loose is important. Oh and I find AP much, much easier to splice than sirius! Hope that helps, good luck!

" I milked it as much as I could and then I put a prussic at about on the sirius about halfway and used this as a new anchor and finished milking the eye in "

this makes it a lot easier-nice one craig.

yeap sure does bro! :thumbup:

And yeah I agree any cord except sirius! :001_tt2: