lightest, thinnest lanyard setup please

James Atkinson

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cinch and spectra speed, and AP and ropeman as a secondary landyard. trying it recently and is working very well can get in the way sometimes but handy as. just have it coiled on my lower D's.

great for better positioning and those times were u out on a limb and need to take off ur landyard and move higher. yes yes i know u can use ur footlocking strop or have one another setup on the end of ur landyard. but come on, can u be arsed to use it?

lol thats my rant over then;p but it is working well for me

MOG

That comment was specifically in relation to lanyards. (That is what the thread is about after all)

Cinch does the job just fine. ART Positioner probably would too, but its not rated for single line use.

Lanyards yes but you mentioned double and single line. When do you ever use single line or for that matter double line like ddrt with a lanyard? I am not talking about clipping into the lower D's I mean hip thrusting old school on a hitch! If you use your lanyard single line you are probably cross loading your crab!

I have a long lanyard, and it is possible to use it like a short climbing line.

But, the fact that in normal use it is connected to two seperate points on the harness doesnt change whether it is Ddrt or not.

As for the cross loading issue, firstly cross loading is loading across the minor axis of a biner, so no, it is not cross loaded.

Secondly, what you incorrectly refer to as cross loading is easily prevented with a short sling set as a friction hitch on the lanyard. Clip the biner into that and it keeps everything inligned nicely.

Ropeman or Ropeman 2?

Sure you already know about the shock loading issues with the Ropeman.

yeah bro, but use it for work positioning and sometimes instead of taking my main landyard off. as i said before it is my secondary landyard. and i rated my anchor point before i load it too:biggrin:. this is back to the points of knowing your gear. knowing your trees and commonsense.

i try and get some pic's up. tomz

MOG

I have a long lanyard, and it is possible to use it like a short climbing line.

But, the fact that in normal use it is connected to two seperate points on the harness doesnt change whether it is Ddrt or not.

As for the cross loading issue, firstly cross loading is loading across the minor axis of a biner, so no, it is not cross loaded.

Secondly, what you incorrectly refer to as cross loading is easily prevented with a short sling set as a friction hitch on the lanyard. Clip the biner into that and it keeps everything inligned nicely.

this is how i use my line as well u can use it srt when u real far out on branch walking instead of getting the other end of your rope, but i hate the way a knot tends to get too tight so thats why i like hte sound of a cinch