Leather boot care please

predator

I,ve just got a pair of soft brown leather boots for working in etc only secondhand to keep my feet warm n dry etc there called redhead bonedry thinsulate and i was thinking before i start to use them to treat with some sort of dubbing or saddle soap can anyone suggest whats best etc i will only use them as and when i start splitting all my wood up i,ve saved over this year on my plot built a wood shelter etc as wellies make my legs sweat etc when working hard walking up n down chopping wood etc thanks for any help i would be greatful for any good advice too

I brought some from the Altberg site, they show two types so I brought x10 tins to offset the postage, will do me for over a year. Both types are good and soak in well on my different boots.

One bit of caution with some Gortex lined leather boots, the leather treatment can soak through and block the Gortex from breathing.

I brought some from the Altberg site, they show two types so I brought x10 tins to offset the postage, will do me for over a year. Both types are good and soak in well on my different boots.

One bit of caution with some Gortex lined leather boots, the leather treatment can soak through and block the Gortex from breathing.

Nikwax do an aqueous wax especially for goretex lined boots. I use it on my Protector Pros and seems to work well :001_smile: