Time for a new truck

Alex Reid

Well not quite new lol going to have about £2000 to spend plus whatever i can get for my 1999 LDV tipper,

just wanting your advice really I own a greenmech chipmaster 220 which i tow along and sometimes travel over 200 miles round trip with the pair to 1 day jobs so clearly the ldv which i bought for pottering about town isnt really the ideal tool.

I was thinking Iveco or similar but what do you lot suggest?

Also if anyone might be interested in my LDV its a 1999 model with 71000 on the clock I blew the engine up when i bought it in april but fixed that and put a new clutch in at the time its has an MOT until april next year and is taxed until November. So far since the rebuild it has been a great reliable truck running me everywhere with my chipper and loads of chip so its has proved itself as a great work horse and I will miss it but it would be more suitable for someone who isnt doing lots of motorway miles.

cheers alex

i got a renault master 2.8 tipper at the start of the year, after running transits, its a fantastic truck, lots of power, loads of space in the cab, nice to drive and although its a single wheelbase and front wheel drive (everything i though was a sin in a pick up) it carries the loads great. i dont have a heavy chipper but i was towing easy 3.5 to on a trailer a few weeks ago (digger and roller) and it done it no problem.

Certainly worth a look mate :thumbup1: