066 won't play!

wisewood

I have a very old and most likely misused 066 which has always been a stubborn cold starter.

I am currently seeking advice from guru spudulike, but thought I'd post to the masses on the off chance that I'm not the only idiot who can't get his head around an engine.

The plug is sparking but doesn't seem to be getting any fuel in. Tried a splash via plug hole (probably not the technical term:blushing:) and nothing apart from sore arm,neck and shoulder!

I've had a look at the piston and it's obviously scored, pics attached. I use a 20"bar mostly.

The poor mans compression test took only 6 sec to fall with bar on, don't know if that is ok or bad:confused1:

DSC00236.JPG.80ea4b972f1bfb06ca4542bbe22c7ecf.JPG

DSC00232.JPG.8afb937150ed806ad0e5a23c5eae2342.JPG

That piston is toast and would be surprised if the cylinder isn't knackered too.

Looks like you are going to have to strip it down to see the total damage, and find out what caused before you get any replacement parts(if you are going to repair it) look on eBay for non oem pistons/cylinders, less than half the price if you want to repair on a budget.

Have sent a PM about this - yes, a bad seize, the cylinder may be salvageable but is difficult to tell until the saw is apart, GHS do non OEM spares and the original fault needs to be found plus the carb will need to be reset after the repair is done.

Here is one I did earlier - http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/members/spudulike-albums-stihl-066-picture3932-deformed-crank-seal-previous-rebuild.html

A seal damaged during a previous repair by A.N.Other blew this 066 Magnum:thumbdown: