Which top handled saw?

fen01

Hi all,

I have just come back afghan and think I need to replace my top handler. The choice was simple ms200t, but how does the ms201 hold up and dare I say it any new on the new husky 540 (I will be buying in Oct at the end of my tour)? Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.

Also after an Ifor Williams LM 105 or similar anyone is selling one.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Cheers Steve. I had similar reliability issues with my 200t, glad to hear the 201 is better how long have you had it and does it use much less fuel?

I really like the look of the Husky it looks a much more ergonomical design, but haven't been too impressed with 338. Buying a new model always has risk. Anyone had a play with the 540?

i have the echo cs 330t to had it 4 years now brillent bit of kit and it only cost me 160 pounds new in states and that price was with the shiping it back here when it do give up on me i be getting one again ok not quite as gutsy as the stihl but when i can buy 3 of them comapred to the rrp of the stihl

The three people I know who have used the new husky say it blows the 200t out the water... that was last year when though and they have not had the saws for a while and they have revamped a few bits going by the release date being continually put back .. I'm waiting for that over the 201 even though my 200t is on it's last legs

I really like to look of the Husky and it looks like it will have some good features, but it would be nice to know when it will be released.

Thanks for all comments, interesting thoughts on going for an Echo or similar.

I run a small echo topper,its had its had a tough life & loves it,no problems,thinking of trying the cs330t as above.

If you want a powerful saw I would go with a 200t,or 201t,let the husky get a few mounths under its belt to prove itself,so far its all talk & prototypes,which in the field,as you know means nowt.

Thats where this old boy puts his opinion.