Get ready for another groundbreaking product from Arbortec Forestwear

Steve Bullman

Just a short write up on the new boots. Recieved the new Scafell boots from jonesie's last weekend and have been useing them all week. After a very rigid first couple of days they are now extremely comfortable and hard wearing. I was doing the upper section of the laces up far too tight and since i have altered this they are even better. With all the controversy about the colour i actually think they look good but even better now with a weeks work on them. very good sole for climbing and i have got on with them really well in the trees, the slightly extended heel block is fantastic for holding the rear velcro strap of my spikes in place, somthing i have had a problem with previously. Obviously the garentee is fantastic but i cant see these boots needing to use it. ( prehaps a bold statement after a week) To sum up i would highly recommend them i think they are a great boot and so far cant fault them.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a short write up on the new boots. Recieved the new Scafell boots from jonesie's last weekend and have been useing them all week. After a very rigid first couple of days they are now extremely comfortable and hard wearing. I was doing the upper section of the laces up far too tight and since i have altered this they are even better. With all the controversy about the colour i actually think they look good but even better now with a weeks work on them. very good sole for climbing and i have got on with them really well in the trees, the slightly extended heel block is fantastic for holding the rear velcro strap of my spikes in place, somthing i have had a problem with previously. Obviously the garentee is fantastic but i cant see these boots needing to use it. ( prehaps a bold statement after a week) To sum up i would highly recommend them i think they are a great boot and so far cant fault them.

I tried a pair yesterday and thought they were like ski boots (not ankle movement) If they do soften then not a problem but would not go straight up a tree + tey feel alot more clumpy than my aquafell's. As for the colour they are not as bad in the flesh. I think i'll wait for a little more feed back before I part with my cash.

• 4 weeks later...
Any latest feedback on the boots.

many thanks

I've had mine about a week now. They take fair bit of braking in but once they have there a really comfy boot. It's been fairly damp and muddy here at the mo but they are alleays warm and dry.

The main thing that put me off was the colour but I think after a day of use they looked fairly normal so don't let that put you off.

The best thing is the grip I was working on a wet steep bank today and I didn't stack it once.

• 3 months later...
3 months and mine have started to fall to bits, will keep you all posted regarding returns

whats happening to yours?

5 months in and the black ankle supports on mine are in pieces, and theres no way they're waterproof, the leather seems to soak up and hold any moisture