flyers

simonm

well ive only been working for myself just over 6 months now i do so many days for myself and the rest on a farm wich has worked out really well and ive had plenty of work from family and friends then friends of friends and so on. but where as before i had 4 weeks in advance booked in im getting less and less! advets in papers round here dont get much return at all! so ive got someone building me a website ive also got a sign made what im going to put up in the corner of a field wich overlooks a very busy road so hopefully that should get more work in. gonna advertise in those local to you books 2. as for flyers i was dead against them purely because we get so many through our letterbox from out "traveller friends" but then again I AM fully qualified and insured and i dont dump my rubbish in a layby down the road so am sure if i put fully qualified insured etc then that sets me apart straight away. think im going to give it ago, if it doesnt work out then i know not to do it again.

I post out flyers amte, and its been very successful. Whenever i get a quite time, I do a leaflet drop, i allways get work from them. As long as you go for a professional, well designed flyer, good quality paper etc then you will stand apart from the gypo's. I designed my own (another career as a graphic designer many years ago ), got 10,000 printed, and post them out myself. Look at your target market, and work from there. I also have ads in Thomson local, yell.com and just started using google adwords, but i can allways reley on the leaflets.

best of luck,

Mark

i've just had 1000 glossary postcards made up for my agricultural business and very happy with them and unlike flyers, i can address them personnally and write a note on the back if needed. was only £84 from printing.com

going to get firewood ones made up this week too.

Go for a4 DL leaflets, it gives you six sides and doesnt look like every other leaflet. I dont really do it as we dont need too but when i started we put out 3-400 and the response was great. Just remember, make it look very professional and your company approachable. Oh and go glossy, clients love gloss!

Go for a4 DL leaflets, it gives you six sides and doesnt look like every other leaflet. I dont really do it as we dont need too but when i started we put out 3-400 and the response was great. Just remember, make it look very professional and your company approachable. Oh and go glossy, clients love gloss!

yeah you gotta love that glossy look ha

remember to add you address and make it clearly to see on them that gives who ever to give a quick google maps to see you dont live on a gypsy site + they think that have a rough idea where you are just incase something go's worng gives the custmer that little more peace of mind