Hello from Loadhandler UK - for the pickup truck unloader

LoadhandlerUK

whats it like with wet sand or concrete?

Hello again Robert - I spoke to the States today. It's as we thought - it won't be pretty if the concrete is so wet that it's running all over the shop but they say there's no problem winding out a load if it will stay on the sheet. Use a hose or a brush on a hose for cleaning. They don't see any issues and reckon you could wind it out direct into a barrow in a controlled way.

Also - not concrete I know but found a really interesting :biggrin: video today by a guy in the States who posted it earlier this month. It's crush and run - or crusher run which is like Type 1. - he's also cranking a helluva lot of weight there, I reckon if he's shifting a yard of the stuff then that's about 4000 lbs - about 1800kg - when his one's a 2000 lb variant.

Worth a look YouTube - Pickup bed Loadhandler review

How do you embed this?

Curtis

Edited by LoadhandlerUK

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Curtis,

I imagine this would work better on a double cb than a single cab. Do you get problems with stuff getting caught behind the wheel arches?

To dive in on that one (again!)... the amount of chip that gets caught by the arches of my Kingcab Navara is so small that you can kick it out in seconds. For log deliveries I lay logs lengthways between the arches and the front of the buck. That seems to help; they get left behind but the others run past them mostly.

Thanks very much to the two Arbtalk members who bought Loadhandlers today.:001_smile:

You know who you are and we value the sales. One is on its way, the other will be despatched tomorrow for Friday delivery.

Happy cranking :001_rolleyes:

We'll also value any photos or vids you are able to send in to [email protected] when you've got 'em installed and running. Interested to get your feedback and to learn what loads you're unloading

Curtis

Hi Curtis,

Yea its awesome! we dont have any lifting equipment at the moment so we are loading rings into the truck and just unload them so easily!

I have a singlecab Nissan D22 so when stacked it can take 2 cube but it does struggle to get going with 2 cube but i did expect that to be honest, a few good tugs and it gets going and saves me a lot of time when delivering. I will get a video or some pictures sorted next time i use it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alycidon,

I reckon for a trailer the LH3000 is the one to go for if you don't mind sporting out the extra money - or the LH2200 standard (no M!)

Both give you a bigger sheet and the 3000 gives greater capacity. See the website LoadHandler UK - The Pickup Truck Unloader in the UK Buy a pickup 'Load Handler' online for the exact specs.

Also you will need to make up a rod across the back of the trailer to mount the LH to or a couple of brackets.

What do you think?

Curtis

Ps I'm on a few days holiday in Majorca at the minute :thumbup1:- back tomorrow - so will be in the office properly on mon if you wish to discuss it any further

Thinking about the tail ramp, a bracket fixed to the sides near the back would not drop timber out of the back but simply onto the ramp, you would then have to drive forward to empty. Bearing in mind I had a guy last week complain when I dropped half a dozen bits of straw on his drive I am not sure that is a good move. Really wants a 3000 fitted to the top of the tail gate then the tailgate fixing so that it only came down to a level horizontal to the floor like a pick up. The strip is long enough for an 8 foot long body but might be a bit short for a 10 foot. Once the autumn cultivations are finished I will see what my brother thinks, he is clever designing and making things like that.

A

Edited by Alycidon

Thinking about the tail ramp, a bracket fixed to the sides near the back would not drop timber out of the back but simply onto the ramp, you would then have to drive forward to empty. Bearing in mind I had a guy last week complain when I dropped half a dozen bits of straw on his drive I am not sure that is a good move. Really wants a 3000 fitted to the top of the tail gate then the tailgate fixing so that it only came down to a level horizontal to the floor like a pick up. The strip is long enough for an 8 foot long body but might be a bit short for a 10 foot. Once the autumn cultivations are finished I will see what my brother thinks, he is clever designing and making things like that.

A

Alycidon,

Thanks for the response. The Dragsheet length on the LH3000 is 4.5m - approx 14.75 feet so should be long enough for a 10' trailer depending on the length of the ramp?

The 3000 is a big chunky beastie, in a big box! When you (and your brother) have a minute, I'll willingly send you one up to have a look at - as you say you just need a simple bracket to retain it onto a tailgate that can be kept temporarily in the horizontal position - and if you like it, keep it and pay for it. If not, pack it back in the box so we can re-sell it and we'll collect it. How's that! :thumbup1:

Have had a couple out on 'loan' now and both sold that way. Seeing is believing I guess. Had one last week picked up locally. A contractor had a 'compost' heap of about 15cu m to 'get rid of' - basically years of mowings and veg garden waste. He hired a mini-digger for a day and borrowed a Loadhandler 2200M for his Hilux. He now owns the LH :001_smile: - and as well as getting paid for moving the heap - approx 4 hrs work he said including running back and forth, got a case of beers from where he 'dumped' the compost. Pictures will follow.

Let me know when you're ready and we'll help if we can - but no pressure though. In your own time. With a 'new products' feature in South East Machinery last week sales, from a zero base, are now beginning to take off.

Thanks again

Curtis