Some of my stuff

Mike Dempsey

I am probably a bit different to most members here in that I am a cabinet maker/engraver first and a logger/miller second. I thought it was about time that I let you see some of my things that I make, all of which has been made from local wind blown trees.

The first one was at the request by one of the guys in the workshop next door. Might stick a few on ebay as I have favourable comments on them

59765db9a34e0_2011riotscoaster.jpg.8a8df399a41a07c9ce8a985886f0a504.jpg

These signs were made to mark a joint project between local schools, Community Services and The Woodland Trust Scotland

59765db9a7bdd_glenrothesinbloom2010pic1.jpg.3f731e0646117cd2ecbc868a1f500c37.jpg

This was a sample for a client in Nottingham. I cant remember what the wood is as it had been lying around the workshop for a couple of years. This award is about 6'' in diameter

59765db9a9dfa_LGSample.jpg.8cf1c9df82aefe844896ab2f289ed1ba.jpg

Oor Wullie is a well known character in the Sunday Post. I have an exclusive licence from DC Thomson the publisher for all wooden gifts for The Broons and Oor Wullie in the UK and Ireland. The photo is of a wall plaque.

59765db9ab7c7_OorWulliewallplaque.jpg.f3497df8fbf28a6f032a619e5098030b.jpg

This is a single plank of a hybrid of oak and sweet chesnut. It is 2500mm long and with all the light box fittings etc attached weighed a ton. This was installed with some other bits and pieces in the Marrying and Blending room at the Famous Grouse Visitor Experience in Crieff. I started the job before Christmas last year and finished it off in the New Year. The warmest it got was -15c and we took twice as long to do it as we had planned for. Just as well there was free coffee all day long!

PICT0038.JPG.3cab426129cd49c7af28e5206235873d.JPG

Hi Rob

My laser engraver is an American one made by Synrad. Cost £18K new and is a brilliant tool. It paid for itself in a year. It can engrave wood, slate, acrylic, paper/card, leather and chocolate digestives. One of the best things it does is my business cards - these rarely get chucked away! These are a brilliant way of promotinf a wood related business.

Everything I make is from locally milled timber from windblown trees. The branches I use to make coasters, fridge magnets and keyrings. Anything unusable gets saved for the woodburning stove.

Mike

59765dba0adc6_beechbusinesscard.jpg.e53aafdfe7e8a7c9b501ca306605797f.jpg

Hi guys

Glad you like the business cards. I've been doing them for a couple of years and they definetly get you a good reaction from customers/potential customers.

The prices for them are as folloews

1 - 200 50p each

201 - 500 40p each

501 + 30p each. All prices exclude VAT

Extra info can be engraved on the back for an extra 20p each. P&P extra

All company logos must be original artwork ie not scanned.

Any more info please phone 07769703520

Cheers

Mike