Burning yet?

Treemon

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My stove has never been lit in August before but i have been lighting it most nights recently! My oil heating has not been on for months just lighting the fire at about 7 in the evening keeps the house warm enough for the next day too.

My aim is not to turn on the oil heating for our underfloor and rads on for as long as possible... or until i am told to turn it on by the boss.

My house is very cold and there are not many nights that I dont light a fire... I wish I was one of my customers :biggrin:

Is your house damp??

Our home was very cold all year round when we first moved in 8 years ago. We have a large outdoor boiler (similar to a Farm 2000) we ran this 24 7 for 3.5 years, the fourth summer the house got too hot. We now only light the boiler from October to April.

The house had just been very damp, once we had dried it out it became much easier to heat.

Is your house damp??

Our home was very cold all year round when we first moved in 8 years ago. We have a large outdoor boiler (similar to a Farm 2000) we ran this 24 7 for 3.5 years, the fourth summer the house got too hot. We now only light the boiler from October to April.

The house had just been very damp, once we had dried it out it became much easier to heat.

Some bits date back to the1700s so inevitably got some damp but its just one of those houses thats colder inside than out. The only thing that has ever worked to warm it is the wood burners .. just about to install a third.. once again I wish I was one of my customers :biggrin:

Some bits date back to the1700s so inevitably got some damp but its just one of those houses thats colder inside than out. The only thing that has ever worked to warm it is the wood burners .. just about to install a third.. once again I wish I was one of my customers :biggrin:

Ours is the same, it was remodeled in 1845, but most is much older, no wall cavities and single glazes.

It was like going into a cave.

Now its lovely and cosy :001_smile: