Log Store Supplliers...

farmer_ben

ok, can i get harvest out of the way first? may get some time do concentrate on website design then

Yes, of course you can get the harvest over first, but you asked the question, steve gave you the answer, it seems like you want to be a jack of all trades, but don't have the time to do it.

Me thinks you should learn to walk before you run:biggrin:

And i don't mean that in a nasty way.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, of course you can get the harvest over first, but you asked the question, steve gave you the answer, it seems like you want to be a jack of all trades, but don't have the time to do it.

Me thinks you should learn to walk before you run:biggrin:

And i don't mean that in a nasty way.

Hardly, but i am always looking to add value to anything i do, and have got another chap helping me now who is allowing me to consider more options now.

But yes i take on board what you say, a friend of mine has started to sprint before walking and is now in big problems!

Was thinking about adding logstores to my website soon (whole site needs changes here and there).

Built this one as a flat pack - 5 sections and a piece of felt- dead easy to screw together.

Constructed from 6"x1" and 3"x2" tanalised timber. The one in the pic holds 2 cubic metres logs (10 barrow bags).

Would have to sell them at £220 plus delivery - is that too expensive?

008.jpg.9c1df38ca61bf2fe600c18a306703636.jpg

Was thinking about adding logstores to my website soon (whole site needs changes here and there).

Built this one as a flat pack - 5 sections and a piece of felt- dead easy to screw together.

Constructed from 6"x1" and 3"x2" tanalised timber. The one in the pic holds 2 cubic metres logs (10 barrow bags).

Would have to sell them at £220 plus delivery - is that too expensive?

I think the price is about right, the timbers that you are using are the same as i would use. When i start making them, i'm just going to do about 3 different sizes of one basic design and see how it goes. Who do you use for delivery ?

Haven't got that far as have only just started to think about it.

Suppose I'd have to palletise them flat pack and band them quite tight.

Don't know how much delivery would cost, any ideas?

Dont know any costings yet, will just ring round all the couriers and find an average. How long did it take to make yours, did you do any costings on it ?

I sold quite a few of these last year. They cost me £75 to buy from a local saw mill built to my spec. Most are 3ft wide, 2ft deep and 6 ft high. They are 1 cubic meter and will nearly hold 2 loose filled builders bags of logs when well stacked.

They are not flat packed and would be quite a bit more to buy/make if they were and because the panels are bigger than a standard pallet would not be cheap to courier anywhere.

59765db21f35c_emptystorewhitebackgroundsmall.jpg.83eba416cdbe4ba6f2bd42dbba4fec83.jpg

Ive thought about doing this ive built a couple of bespoke ones in different situations but could build a sectional log store easy enough just need to look into pricing as theres alot on ebay that are cheap but then you pay for quality... the one i built at home has a slate roof and one for a friend holds about 8 cubic metres.

Im based in the midlands so could possible deliver myself or send via pallet or courier