Stopped smoking....

toprotter

Thread re-awakening! Went and got hypnotised on Tuesday, was a 20 a day man plus a few 'special' cigs. Haha. Still thinking about smoking (a lot) but think i'm gonna do it this time. Always wanted to quit by the time i was 25, but will be 30 in four months so thought it was as good a time as any! Reading this thread definitely helped though. Everyone still managing it ok?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done James!

I still want to smoke, every single day, lots of times.

I bought some baccie the other day though and halfway through my rollie I felt like throwing up and strong gag-reflex. So I tore up the papers, put the baccie in the ditch and released the contents of my tea-filled bladder over it for good measure.

And yet I still want to...

Tell us about the hypno-stuff, sounds interesting.

I've kicked a few addictions over the years, including some class A stuff, a liter of whisky a day, severe ganja-habit etc. All of these I have behind me now and I'm never tempted but the baccie still claws at me

It's just coming up to a year since I quit.

I went cold turkey and haven't had a single puff since, which I'm quite proud of since my boss smokes around me...

I've tried many times before but this time was just the 'right time' somehow and I am ashamed to say I found it very easy this time, especially considering I had got up to a 20 a day for the last few years and overall had been smoking for coming up 15 years.

Should I have quit sooner? Possibly, but I enjoyed it and I don't think anyone who still smokes should be made to feel bad about it, it's a personal choice and it used to 'mean a lot to me' in a funny way, I loved it!

However, in the petrol station the other day I was glad I did quit...

Last time I bought B&H silver they were £5.20.... nearly 7 quid now!

I don't feel any healthier, and certainly no wealthier, but everyone assures me that I am both!

Basically a half hour hynosis session, he makes you wear goggles for 'light therapy' and ear phones which he talks to you through for the half hour. Then you get dispatched home with a cd which you must listen to before bed every night for a month, so in effect another 30 odd sessions. Not sure it really works, but more acts as a catalyst for the whole thing, it was £95 too, so it had bloomin better work! Still would love a smoke and not being busy isn't helping! Great job to everyone who has quit, can't wait till I have longer over me to see if I really have, if that makes sense!